Tooting Broadway tube station
The station entrance and statue of Edward VII
Location of Tooting Broadway in Greater London
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|Original company||City and South London Railway|
|Added to list||16 June 1987|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
Tooting Broadway is a London Underground station in Tooting, South London. The station is on the Northern line, between Tooting Bec and Colliers Wood stations. It is located on the corner of Tooting High Street (A24) and Mitcham Road (A217). The station is in Travelcard Zone 3.
Southbound trains can terminate at Tooting Broadway on occasion rather than continue on to the end of the line at Morden, which is three stations to the south. To return north, out of service trains run south from the southbound platform into a reversing siding between the two running tunnels before reversing and running north through points on to the northbound platform where they return into service.
- Tooting Broadway station features in the opening credits of series 1, 2 and 3 of the BBC comedy "Citizen Smith" and again in the closing sequence of the very last episode.
- The building used to be a bank before the station was built here. Down in the basement (at the level of the escalator machinery) the old safe door is still present - too heavy to be removed now.
- It is featured in the Kitchens of Distinction song "On Tooting Broadway Station".
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2009". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2010". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "TOOTING BROADWAY STATION (INCLUDING ABOVE GROUND BUILDING AND SUB SURFACE PLATFORMS AND PASSAGES)". National Heritage List for England. English Heritage.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tooting Broadway tube station.|
- London's Transport Museum Photographic Archive
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
|Preceding station||Crossrail||Following station|