From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up top in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A top is a spinning toy.
Top may also refer to:
- Top (clothing), clothing that is designed to be worn over the torso
- Top (comics), a supervillain character from the DC Comics universe
- Top (sailing ship), a part of a ship's rigging
- The Top (album), a 1984 album by The Cure
- "The Top" (Kafka), short story by Franz Kafka
- Top and bottom (slang), a person who assumes the dominant, penetrating or assertive role in sex or BDSM
- Top (BDSM), or dominant, the partner in a BDSM relationship or in a BDSM scene who takes the active or controlling role over that of the bottom or submissive partner(s)
- Master Sergeant, in the United States Marine Corps (nickname)
- First Sergeant, in the United States Army (nickname)
Math and physics
- Top (category theory), a category of topological spaces or topological manifolds
- Top (mathematics), in module theory, the largest semisimple quotient of a module
- Greatest element, in lattice theory, the greatest element in a partially ordered set
- Top quark, the third-generation up-type quark
- top (Unix), a standard Unix program
- Top type, in computer science type theory, the data type containing all others
- Noordin Mohammad Top (1968–2009), Malaysian/Indonesian Muslim extremist
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.