Top Chef (season 7)
|Top Chef: D.C.|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||15|
|Original run||June 16, 2010– September 22, 2010|
|No. of chefs||17|
Top Chef: D.C. is the seventh season of American reality television series Top Chef and was filmed first in Washington, D.C. and concluded in Singapore. The season premiered on Bravo on June 16, 2010 and ended on September 15, 2010. The prize money awarded to the Top Chef was $125,000.
- 1 Judges, guest judges and special appearances
- 2 Contestants
- 3 Contestant progress
- 4 Episodes
- 4.1 Episode 1: House of Chef-presentatives
- 4.2 Episode 2: Outside the Lunch Box
- 4.3 Episode 3: Capitol Grill
- 4.4 Episode 4: Room Service
- 4.5 Episode 5: Farm Policy
- 4.6 Episode 6: Cold War
- 4.7 Episode 7: Power Lunch
- 4.8 Episode 8: Foreign Affairs
- 4.9 Episode 9: Restaurant Wars
- 4.10 Episode 10: Covert Cuisine
- 4.11 Episode 11: Making Concessions
- 4.12 Episode 12: Gastro-nauts
- 4.13 Episode 13: Season Finale, Part I
- 4.14 Episode 14: Season Finale, Part II
- 4.15 Episode 15: Reunion
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Judges, guest judges and special appearances
Ripert is new to the show as a judge in Season 7. Colicchio, Lakshmi and Simmons returned from Season 6.
- Sam Kass (Ep. 2 Quickfire and Elimination)
- Johnny Iuzzini (Ep. 3 Quickfire)
- Jonathan Waxman (Ep. 3 Elimination)
- Nora Pouillon (Ep. 4 Elimination)
- Beth Scott (Ep. 4 Elimination)
- Bryan Voltaggio (Ep. 4 Elimination)
- Mike Isabella (Ep. 4 Elimination)
- Spike Mendelsohn (Ep. 4 Elimination)
- Patrick O'Connell (Ep. 5 Quickfire and Elimination)
- Michelle Bernstein (Ep. 6 Quickfire and Elimination)
- Rep. Aaron Schock (Ep. 7 Quickfire)
- Sen. Mark Warner (Ep. 7 Elimination)
- Mika Brzezinski (Ep. 7 Elimination)
- Joe Scarborough (Ep. 7 Elimination)
- John Podesta (Ep. 7 Elimination)
- Bruce Bozzi (Ep. 7 Elimination)
- Kelly O'Donnell (Ep. 7 Elimination)
- Luke Russert (Ep. 7 Elimination)
- Savannah Guthrie (Ep. 7 Elimination)
- Art Smith (Ep. 7 Elimination)
- Marcus Samuelsson (Ep. 8 Quickfire and Elimination)
- José Andrés (Ep. 8 Elimination)
- Nancy Pelosi (Ep. 9 Quickfire)
- Frank Bruni (Ep. 9 Elimination)
- Wylie Dufresne (Ep. 10 Quickfire and Elimination)
- Leon Panetta (Ep. 10 Elimination)
- Rick Moonen (Ep. 11 Quickfire and Elimination)
- Dana Cowin (Ep. 12 Quickfire and Ep. 13 Elimination)
- Buzz Aldrin (Ep. 12 Elimination)
- Anthony Bourdain (Ep. 12 Elimination)
- KF Seetoh (Ep. 13 Quickfire and Elimination)
17 chefs competed in Season 7. Names, ages, hometowns, and cities of residence (at time of filming) are from the Bravo website. In the order eliminated:
- John Somerville, 42 — Resides in: West Bloomfield, Michigan (Hometown: Ohio)
- Jacqueline Lombard, 33 — Resides in: Brooklyn, New York (Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts)
- Tracey Bloom, 33 — Resides in: Atlanta, Georgia (Hometown: Rochester, New York)
- Lynne Gigliotti, 51 — Resides in: Hyde Park, New York (Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Arnold Myint, 32 — Resides in: Nashville, Tennessee
- Timothy Dean, 39 — Resides in: Baltimore, Maryland (Hometown: Washington, D.C.)
- Tamesha Warren, 24 — Resides in: Washington, D.C. (Hometown: Barbados)
- Andrea Curto-Randazzo, 39 — Resides in: Miami Beach, Florida (Hometown: Vero Beach, Florida)
- Stephen Hopcraft, 40 — Resides in: Las Vegas, Nevada (Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio)
- Kenny Gilbert, 36 — Resides in: Telluride, Colorado (Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio)
- Alex Reznik, 33 — Resides in: Hollywood, California (Hometown: Brooklyn, New York)
- Amanda Baumgarten, 27 — Resides in: Los Angeles, California
- Tiffany Derry, 26 — Resides in: Dallas, Texas (Hometown: Beaumont, Texas) -- Fan Favorite
- Kelly Liken, 33 — Resides in Vail, Colorado (Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Angelo Sosa, 34 — Resides in: New York City, New York (Hometown: Durham, Connecticut) -- Runner-up
- Ed Cotton, 32 — Resides in: Queens, New York (Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts) -- Runner-up
- Kevin Sbraga, 30 — Resides in: Willingboro, New Jersey -- Winner
- (WINNER) The chef won the season and was crowned Top Chef.
- (RUNNER-UP) The chef was a runner-up for the season.
- (WIN) The chef won that episode's Elimination Challenge.
- (HIGH) The chef was selected as one of the top entries in the Elimination Challenge, but did not win.
- (LOW) The chef was selected as one of the bottom entries in the Elimination Challenge, but was not eliminated.
- (OUT) The chef lost that week's Elimination Challenge and was out of the competition.
- (IN) The chef neither won nor lost that week's Elimination Challenge. They also were not up to be eliminated.
- [IN (+)] The chef won a pair or team challenge but was not chosen as one of the judges' favorites.
- [IN (-)] The chef lost a pair or team challenge but was not selected as one of the judges' least favorites.
- (SAFE) The chef won the Quickfire Challenge, which exempted them from participation in the Elimination Challenge.
Each episode includes two challenges. The Quickfire Challenge is a short, simple challenge with a varying reward each week; in the initial episodes of the season, it usually guarantees the winner immunity from being sent home that week; however, in the latter stages, the Quickfire winner is given an advantage in the upcoming Elimination Challenge. It also has been made clear that Quickfire winners this season may receive other rewards, including cash prizes. The Elimination Challenge is a more complex challenge that determines who goes home. One or more judges join the show each week to evaluate both the Quickfire and Elimination challenges. Each week's elimination is announced in a segment called "Judges' Table."
Episode 1: House of Chef-presentatives
- Quickfire Challenge: The 17 chefs are to compete in a three-round mise en place tournament. The high-stakes Quickfire prize is $20,000; there is no immunity.
- Round One: Peel 10 potatoes; fastest 12 move on to Round Two.
- Round Two: Brunoise 10 cups of onions; fastest eight move on to Round Three.
- Round Three: Break down four whole chickens; fastest four move on to the final round.
The final four chefs are given 30 minutes to make a dish with the ingredients from the first three rounds, plus items from the Top Chef pantry.
- Top: Angelo, Kenny
- Bottom: Kevin, Timothy
- WINNER: Angelo (Roasted Chicken with Curried Onion Jam)
- Elimination Challenge: The chefs each create a dish that represents where they are from for 300 guests at an event during the Cherry Blossom Festival. The chefs are divided into four groups, each chef competing head-to-head with the others in his or her group. The chef in each group with the best dish is eligible for the win; the chef with the poorest dish in each group is subject to elimination. The four Quickfire finalists are allowed to choose the chefs against whom they would compete to form the four teams.
- Original Airdate: June 16, 2010
Episode 2: Outside the Lunch Box
- Quickfire Challenge: The chefs must create a "bipartisan" sandwich by working in pairs while joined by a double apron allowing each chef the use of one hand.
- Elimination Challenge: In teams of four, the chefs must create a healthy four-course school lunch for kids consisting of an entrée, two side dishes, and a dessert, with each chef responsible for one dish.
- Amanda (Braised Chicken Thigh in a Sherry Jus), Jacqueline, Stephen (Sweet Onion Rice with Tomato, Carrots & Green Onions), Tamesha (Bean & Tomato Salad with Pickled Red Onions & Apple Cider Vinaigrette)
- Kelly, Lynne (Black Bean Cake & Crispy Sweet Potatoes), Arnold (Roasted Corn Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette & Chili Oil), Tiffany (Caramelized Sweet Potatoes & Sherbert)
- Tracey (Chicken Burger with Fiesta Rice), Angelo (Peanut Butter and Celery Crudite with Crispy Tuile), Ed (Sweet Potato Puree with Cinnamon), Kenny (Apple Bread Pudding with Cinnamon Yogurt)
- Alex (Grilled Apple Cider BBQ Chicken), Andrea (Picnic Cole Slaw with Yogurt), Tim (Mac & Cheese with Whole Wheat Crust, Skim Milk & Low-Fat Cheese), Kevin (Fresh Melon Kebab with Orange Chantilly Dipped in Yogurt)
- WINNER: Kelly (Braised Pork Carnitas Tacos with Pickled Onions and Cilantro on Oat Tortillas)
- ELIMINATED: Jacqueline (Banana Pudding with Skim Milk, Strawberries and Strawberry Sauce)
- Guest Judge: Sam Kass (Assistant White House Chef)
- Original Airdate: June 23, 2010
Episode 3: Capitol Grill
- Quickfire Challenge: The chefs must create a pie without a recipe.
- Elimination Challenge: The chefs must cater an American picnic for Capitol Hill interns that includes one main dish and two side dishes.
- Tamesha (Marinated Skirt Steak with Caramel Soy Glaze & Fennel Citrus Salad)
- Angelo (Vietnamese Lettuce Wrap, Smoked Egg Salad)
- Alex (Grilled Pork Butt with Lemongrass Glaze, Polenta and Cucumber Salad)
- Tim (Pork Two Ways: Dry Pork Loin & Wet Baby Back Ribs, Grilled Vegetables)
- Amanda (Dry Rubbed Baby Back Ribs, Grilled Asparagus, Bacon Hazelnut Vinaigrette)
- Kelly (Bison Burger, Watermelon & Tomato Salad)
- Kevin (Grilled Marinated Flank Steak, Rice & Beans, Tomato & Avocado Salad)
- Lynne (Leg of Lamb with Ras El Hanout, Zucchini "Spaghetti" with Balsamic Onions)
- Kenny (Harissa Marinated Pork Loin, Quinoa Grilled Eggplant)
- Tiffany (Tamarind Glazed Wild Sockeye Salmon, Israeli Couscous)
- Andrea (Spicy Root Beer Glazed Skirt Steak, Potato Salad)
- Stephen (Bacon Wrapped Sea Bass, Ratatouille and Olive Pine Nut Couscous)
- Ed (Spiced Tuna Loin with Lentil Hummus)
- Guest Judges: Johnny Iuzzini (Quickfire Challenge), Jonathan Waxman (Elimination Challenge)
- Original Airdate: June 30, 2010
Episode 4: Room Service
- Quickfire Challenge: The chefs must prepare an adult dish and a baby-friendly purée version, with Tom and Padma each selecting. The winners receive $10,000 each, but no immunity.
- Elimination Challenge: In a tournament-style elimination, the chefs worked in pairs to prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner for people on the go, to be placed on the Hilton Hotel's menu. Seven pairs prepared breakfast, with the top two safe; the remaining five prepared lunch, with two more safe. The final three prepared dinner, with the poorest team eliminated. The team with the best dish in the competition were selected as winners, and the dish placed on the hotel's menu. The two chefs of the winning team are also awarded separate trips, blindly selected, to either Italy (Kelly) or Spain (Andrea).
- Breakfast Round (Safe): Amanda/Stephen (Poached Egg, Panchetta, Potato Rösti & Grape Ragout with Hollandaise); Tiffany/Timothy (Crabcake Eggs Benedict, Asparagus and Bacon Potato Hash in Hollandaise)
- Lunch Round (Safe): Alex/Ed (Scallops with Ricotta Gnudi & Broccoli Rabe); Angelo/Tamesha (Slivers of Beefs, Jicama Asian Pear Salad with Mint, Cilantro & Kimchi Vinaigrette)
- Dinner Round (Safe): Andrea/Kelly; Kenny/Kevin (Braised Beef Short Rib, Squash, Potato Carrot Confit & Tempura Horseradish)
- Guest Judges: Nora Pouillon, Beth Scott (Hilton Hotels International), Mike Isabella, Bryan Voltaggio, Spike Mendelsohn
- Original Airdate: July 7, 2010
Episode 5: Farm Policy
- Quickfire Challenge: The chefs must create a dish featuring Maryland blue crab.
- Top: Angelo, Ed, Kenny
- Bottom: Amanda, Andrea, Kevin
- WINNER: Ed (Jumbo Lump Crab with Thai Basil, Mango and Cucumber salad)
- Elimination Challenge: The chefs must work as a team to create a family-style farm lunch.
- Amanda (Country Vegetable Minestrone with Smoked Tomato Broth)
- Stephen (Farm Salad: Balsamic Onion, Egg, Apple Cabernet Vinaigrette & Garlic Dressing)
- Kevin (Broccoli Couscous Scented with Lemon Zest)
- Tiffany (Collard Greens with Swiss Chard, Turnip & Chanterelles in Duck Broth)
- Andrea (Garlic & Five Spice Rubbed Grilled Pork Loin with Roasted Shallot-Apple Balsamic Jus)
- Kelly (Roasted Five Spiced Apples & Roasted Beets and Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp with Basil-Scented Whipped Cream)
- Angelo (Ginger Grilled Duck Breast with Oregano Honey)
- Tamesha (Cherry Compote, Red Wine Balsamic Vinaigrette, Grilled Asparagus Salad)
- Alex (Provencal Beef Tenderloin with Ratatouille)
- Ed (Ratatouille with Eggplant, Summer Squash & Tomato)
- WINNER: Kenny (Hot and Sour Curried Eggplant with Peppers and Carrot Tops)
- ELIMINATED: Timothy (Roasted Turnips and Asparagus with Honey)
- Guest Judge: Patrick O'Connell
- Original Airdate: July 14, 2010
Episode 6: Cold War
- Quickfire Challenge: The chefs attempt to create a dish using strange or exotic proteins, until Padma enters and orders them to trade with a neighboring chef. Options include yak, Cayman crocodile, ostrich, frog legs, emu egg, duck white kidney (testicles), duck tongue, and foie gras. The winning chef is exempt from the Elimination Challenge.
- Top: Amanda, Kelly, Tamesha
- Bottom: Alex, Andrea, Stephen
- WINNER: Kelly (Emu Egg Omelet with Goat Cheese and Harissa Vinaigrette)
- Elimination Challenge: The chefs are divided into two groups to prepare individual dishes best served cold. The opposing group of chefs joins the panel of judges (including Kelly) to examine their competitor's dishes. A top dish and a worst dish are nominated from each team.
- Amanda (Chicken Galantine with Mâche and Plum Vinaigrette)
- Kenny (Grilled Lamb Salad & Lamb Carpaccio with Black Eyed Pea Hummus)
- Alex (Sous Vide Lamb with Red Beet Puree and Tzatziki)
- Ed (Sockeye Salmon on Pumpernickel Bread, Cucumber Vichyssoise & Cream Cheese)
- Tiffany (Peppercorn Crusted Ahi Tuna in Gazpacho Sauce with Cucumber & Arugula Salad)
- Angelo (Poached Sockeye Salmon with Cilantro and Chile in Pineapple Tea)
- Andrea (Tartare Trio: Steak, Tuna with Chile Oil and Mushroom-Fennel with Roasted Beets)
- Stephen (Chilled Beef with Crispy Rice & Jalapeno Oil)
- WINNER: Kevin (Tuna and Veal with Romaine Leaves, Pine Nuts and Mediterranean Condiments)
- ELIMINATED: Tamesha (Scallops with Pickled Rhubarb, Cilantro, Basil and Long Pepper in Rhubarb Jus)
- Guest Judge: Michelle Bernstein
- Original Airdate: July 21, 2010
Episode 7: Power Lunch
- Quickfire Challenge: The chefs are tasked with creating a dish served on a toothpick, mirroring the "toothpick rule" which states that congressmen cannot accept meals from lobbyists not eaten with a toothpick. The winner receives $20,000.
- Top: Angelo, Kevin, Stephen
- Bottom: Alex, Ed, Kelly
- WINNER: Angelo (Cucumber Cup with Spiced Shrimp and Cashew)
- Elimination Challenge: The chefs take over the kitchen at the Washington branch of The Palm steakhouse for a lunch service. Each chef is randomly assigned one of five classic proteins served at The Palm: salmon, porterhouse steak, swordfish, lamb chops and lobster. Winner gets their dish on the Palm menu and their portrait on the wall.
- Kelly (Porterhouse with Crispy Potato Arugula Salad, Roasted Shallot Demi-Glace)
- Amanda (New York Steak & Fillet Mignon, Red Wine With Pommes Parisienne & Arugula)
- Tiffany (Swordfish With Olive-Raisin Tapenade, Broccolini and Bacon)
- Stephen (Salmon With Warm Vegetable Salad & Worcestershire Vinaigrette)
- Angelo (Poached Lobster with Lobster Froth & Jicama, Arugula & Asian Pear Salad)
- Ed (Poached Lobster Ballotine, Eggplant Caviar & English Pea-Asparagus Fricasse)
- Kenny (Peppered Lamb, Fig Pistachio Bread Pudding & Vanilla-Morel Demi-Glace)
- Kevin (Double Cut Lamb Chops With Olive and Goat Cheese Rissole, Mache & Tomato Concasse)
- Guest Judges: Congressman Aaron Schock, Art Smith, Mark Warner, Mika Brzezinski, Joe Scarborough, John Podesta, Bruce Bozzi, Kelly O'Donnell, Luke Russert, Savannah Guthrie
- Original Airdate: July 28, 2010
Episode 8: Foreign Affairs
- Quickfire Challenge: The chefs were asked to create an Ethiopian-inspired dish.
- Top: Amanda, Angelo, Tiffany
- Bottom: Alex, Kevin, Stephen
- WINNER: Tiffany (Beef Goulash with Poached Egg, Currants, Peppers and Yogurt)
- Elimination Challenge: The chefs must make a dish inspired by a foreign country they selected to serve at the Meridian Center for thousands of diplomats.
- Ed (China: Tea-Smoked Duck Breast With Pot Stickers and Szechuan Jus)
- Alex (Spain: Braised Veal Cheeks, Jamón Torta With Olive and Tomato Salad)
- Kelly (Italy: Beef Carpaccio, Spring Vegetable Salad and Parmigiano-Regginano)
- Kevin (India: Stewed Chicken With Leek and Parsnip Puree, Cucumber-Mango Salad and Lentils)
- Amanda (France: Beef Bourguignon With Pomme Fourchette & Horseradish Mousse)
- Angelo (Japan: Sashimi of Tuna Ribbons With Candied Wasabi & Soy Infusion)
- Kenny (Thailand: Tamarind-Braised Pork With Rice Noodle Salad & Thai Green Curry)
- Guest Judges: Marcus Samuelsson, José Andrés (Elimination Challenge)
- Original Airdate: August 4, 2010
Episode 9: Restaurant Wars
- Quickfire Challenge: After drawing knives, Kevin and Ed got to pick their teams for the Quickfire Challenge. Each team must create one dish and compete in a tag-team cook-off. Each chef from each team has 10 minutes to cook (40 minutes total) while the remaining chefs must wear blindfolds and cannot communicate with the cooking chef. Winning team splits $10,000.
- Blue Team: Kenny, Amanda, Kevin, Kelly (Sautéed Shrimp, Angel Hair Pasta, Mustard Sauce and Crispy Basil)
- Red Team: Tiffany, Alex, Ed, Angelo (Roasted Red Snapper, Wilted Greens and Maitake Mushrooms)
- WINNERS: Amanda, Kelly, Kenny, and Kevin
- Elimination Challenge: Following the Restaurant Wars tradition, the teams from the Quickfire Challenge must each create a restaurant name, concept, and menu. Kelly and Alex assumed front of house positions for their respective teams.
- EVOO: Alex, Angelo, Ed, Tiffany
- 1st Course: Confit of Tomato Soup, Squash and Olive Crouton (Angelo) or Crudo of Black Bass and Yellowtail Snapper with Meyer Lemon-Caper Relish (Tiffany)
- 2nd Course: Striped Bass, Stewed Spinach, Chorizo and Clams (Tiffany) or Slow-Baked Turbot, Eggplant Caviar and Black Olive Jus (Ed)
- 3rd Course: Pan-Seared Lamb Chop, English Pea Pureé, Smoked Bacon and Parmesan Foam (Alex) or Seared Rib Eye Steak, Crushed Walnut Potatoes and Balsamic Fig Reduction (Angelo, Ed)
- Twenty One 21: Amanda, Kelly, Kenny, Kevin
- 1st Course: Chilled Sweet Corn Soup with Maryland Blue Crab Salad (Kelly) or Beet Salad with Warm Chorizo-Citrus Vinaigrette (Kenny)
- 2nd Course: Oakwood Grilled Strip Steak with Roasted Sunchoke and Maitake Mushrooms (Amanda) or Pan-Roasted Halibut, Fennel Marmalade and Tomato-Fennel Emulsion (Kevin)
- 3rd Course: Crispy Aged Goat Cheese and Strawberry-Rhubarb Relish (Kenny) or Dark Chocolate Ganache Tart and Blackberry-Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream (Kelly)
- WINNING TEAM: EVOO
- WINNER: Ed
- ELIMINATED: Kenny of Twenty One 21
- Winner's Prize: Trip to Terlato Vineyards in Napa
- Guest Judges: Nancy Pelosi (Quickfire Challenge), Frank Bruni (Elimination Challenge)
- Original Airdate: August 11, 2010
Episode 10: Covert Cuisine
- Quickfire Challenge: The chefs must create a dish using the contents of a "mystery box", with more and more boxes arriving throughout their designated cooking time. The winner gets $10,000.
- Top: Kevin, Tiffany
- Bottom: Alex, Amanda
- Elimination Challenge: The chefs must take a classic dish and create a "new identity" for it.
- Guest Judges: Wylie Dufresne, Leon Panetta (Elimination Challenge)
- Original Airdate: August 18, 2010
Episode 11: Making Concessions
- Quickfire Challenge: The chefs must create a dish based on a common food-based idiom.
- Top: Ed, Kevin
- Bottom: Amanda, Kelly
- WINNER: Ed ("Hot Potato": Herb and Roasted Garlic Gnocchi, Spring Vegetables, and Mushroom Fricassee)
- Elimination Challenge: The chefs must work as a team to operate a concession stand, with a minimum of six dishes, for a baseball game at Nationals Park.
- WINNER: Ed (Shrimp and Corn Risotto Fritters with Jalapeño Aioli)
- ELIMINATED: Amanda (Yellowfish Tuna Tartare with Fennel, Meyer Lemon, and Fava Bean Purée)
- Winner's Prize: Trip to Australia
- Guest Judge: Rick Moonen
- Original Airdate: August 25, 2010
Episode 12: Gastro-nauts
- High Stakes Quickfire Challenge: The chefs must choose a wine and create an amazing dish to pair it with. Winner gets a trip to London.
- Top: Angelo, Tiffany
- Bottom: Kevin, Kelly
- WINNER: Angelo (Sautéed Foie Gras with Black Salt and Fennel Salad)
- Elimination Challenge: At NASA, the chefs are asked to create a dish that can be served at zero gravity.
- WINNER: Angelo (Ginger-Lacquered Short Ribs and Horseradish Créme Fraîche)
- ELIMINATED: Tiffany (Pan-Seared Alaskan Halibut with Coconut Curry, Snow Pea Shoots and Jasmine Rice)
Episode 13: Season Finale, Part I
- Quickfire Challenge: The chefs must create traditional Singapore street food using a wok. For the first time in the history of Top Chef, the winner of the final Quickfire Challenge wins a guaranteed spot in the finals.
- WINNER: Ed (Stir-Fry Noodles with Black Pepper Sauce, Lobster and Gai Lan)
- Elimination Challenge: Working as one team, all four chefs must create a cohesive menu celebrating Singaporean cuisine for an event hosted by Food and Wine magazine.
- WINNER: Ed (Banana Fritter with Red Chili Paste; Sweet and Sour Pork with Crispy Rice and Potato Cakes, Gai Lan)
- ELIMINATED: Kelly (Chilled Cucumber-Yogurt Soup, Bitter Melon Salad; Seared Prawns, Spicy Red Coconut Curry, Crispy Prawn Heads)
- Guest Judge: KF Seetoh
- Original Airdate: September 8, 2010
Episode 14: Season Finale, Part II
- Final Challenge: The final three chefs are told to cook the best four-course meal of their lives incorporating a vegetable, red mullet, duck, and dessert, with the help of a previous Top Chef winner chosen via knife pull. Ed drew Ilan Hall, Angelo drew Hung Huynh, and Kevin drew Michael Voltaggio.
- First Course: Grilled, Pickled Royale Mushrooms with Fresh Noodles, Pork Belly Char Siu Bao, and Watermelon Tea
- Second Course: Asian-style Bouillabaisse over Sautéed Rouget and Poached Cuttlefish
- Third Course: Sautéed Duck and Foie Gras with Cinnamon Marshmallow and Tart Cherry Shooter
- Fourth Course: "Thai Jewel" - Coconut-Vanilla Cream and Shaved Ice with Exotic Fruits and Saffron
- First Course: Chilled Summer Corn Velouté with Fried Black Cockles
- Second Course: Bacon-Wrapped Slipper Lobster, Char-grilled Cuttlefish and Stuffed Rouget
- Third Course: Duo of Duck: Roasted Breast and Braised Stuffed Neck with Baby Spinach
- Fourth Course: Sticky Toffee Date Cake with Fleur de Sel Crème Chantilly
- First Course: Eggplant, Zucchini and Roasted Pepper Terrine with Pickled Tomatoes and Black Garlic Puree
- Second Course: Pan-seared Rouget with Cuttlefish "Noodles", Pork Belly, Slipper Lobster and Cigala
- Third Course: Roasted Duck with Duck Dumplings, Caramelized Bok Choy and Orange Coriander Sauce
- Fourth Course: "Singapore Sling 2010" with Coconut Panna Cotta and Tropical Fruits
- TOP CHEF: Kevin
- RUNNERS-UP: Ed and Angelo
- Original Airdate: September 15, 2010
Episode 15: Reunion
- Cast and judges reunion
- FAN FAVORITE: Tiffany
- Original Airdate: September 22, 2010
- http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/the-top-chef-dc-finale-location-is Bravotv.com Retrieved on August 26, 2010
- Bravotv.com, Bravo: About Top Chef 7" Retrieved May 13, 2010
- Bravotv.com, Bravo: Top Chef 7 Bios" Retrieved May 13, 2010
- http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef Official Bravo TV site