Top Gear Russia
|Top Gear Russia|
Top Gear Russia title card
|Created by||BBC Worldwide|
|Presented by||Nikolai Fomenko
|Theme music composer||Dickey Betts|
|Country of origin||UK (Top Gear)
|No. of series||1|
|Executive producer(s)||Cameron Miller|
|Running time||60 minutes (w/ commercials)|
|Original run||22 February – 25 October 2009|
|Related shows||Top Gear (current format)
Top Gear Australia
Top Gear (US)
Top Gear Korea
The hosts chosen for Top Gear Russia are:
- Nikolai Fomenko, Pop star, race car driver, theater actor and TV presenter. He is also involved in the creation of the Russian supercar Marussia.
- Mikhail Petrovsky, actor, automotive journalist and blogger.
- Oskar Kuchera, ex-MTV Russia presenter and actor.
- The local version of the mysterious Stig who appears in the British show.
Similar to both the original UK series and its Australian spin-off, Top Gear Russia features a Powerlap segment, in this case held in an abandoned airfield in Mnevniki. To inaugurate the track and populate the lap board in the first episode, the hosts invited numerous local celebrities to participate and treated them to a picnic with shashlyk and a smoking samovar.
- 1:12.00 - Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet (damp)
- 1:12.96 - Nissan GT-R (wet)
- 1:13.16 - 1985 Porsche 911 (damp)
- 1:13.88 - Bentley Continental GT Speed (damp and icy)
- 1:14.00 - Alpina B3 (moist)
- 1:14.83 - Lamborghini Gallardo (some snow+summer tyres)
- 1:16.85 - Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster (damp)
- 1:17.85 - Aston Martin DB9 (wet)
- 1:19.00 - Ferrari 550M
- 1:21.01 - Range Rover Sport (damp)
- 1:22.12 - Mazda MX-5 (damp)
- 1:22.27 - Fiat 500
- 1:49.17 - Volvo XC90 (snow)
- 2:08.71 - Land Rover Defender 90 SVX soft top (ice+snow)
- 2:15.93 - UAZ 469 Off-Road modified (ice+snow)
- 2:23.25 - Audi R8 (snow)
- DNF - Ferrari F430 (snow)
Star in a Reasonably Priced Car
The Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car segment and the Australian "Star in a Bog Standard Car" are mirrored with Russia's own version. The car used is a race-prepped Lada Kalina. Unlike in the UK version of Top Gear, a different lap format is used for the Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car segment to that of the Stig's power laps.
Introduced in episode 2 of season 1, the cool wall mirrors the popular segment from the UK original.
- "In the Spotlight: This week, Ren-TV unveiled the Russian version of the British show about cars, "Top Gear."". The Moscow Times. 27 February 2009. Retrieved 8 March 2009.