Top Gun (1955 film)
|Directed by||Ray Nazarro|
|Produced by||Edward Small|
|Distributed by||United Artists|
Top Gun is a 1955 Western about an ex-gunslinger (Sterling Hayden) who arrives in a small town warning of an impending attack by his old gang. The film features Rod Taylor in one of his first American roles.
Rick Martin arrives in a small town warning of an impending attack by his old gang.
- Sterling Hayden as Rick Martin
- William Bishop as Canby Judd
- Karin Booth as Laura Mead
- James Millican as Marshal Bat Davis
- Regis Toomey as Jim O'Hara
- Hugh Sanders as Ed Marsh
- John Dehner as Tom Quentin
- Rod Taylor as Lem Sutter
- Denver Pyle as Hank Spencer
Filming started June 1955.
- Stephen Vagg, Rod Taylor: An Aussie in Hollywood, Bear Manor Media 2010 p 50
- Hayden Next Will Star in Top Gun: Cole Porter 'Wonderland' Readying Schallert, Edwin. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 21 Mar 1955: B9.
- Pinkerton Production on Hot Slate; 'Hired Guns' Speeds Project Schallert, Edwin. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 21 June 1955: 19.
|This 1950s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|