Top Spin 4
|Top Spin 4|
European cover art (exc. UK)
|Distribution||Blu-ray Disc, DVD, Wii Optical Disc|
Top Spin 4 is a tennis video game developed by 2K Czech and published by 2K Sports released on the PlayStation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360 consoles. The game features licensed professional players, venues and equipment with professional players like Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi. The game was released on March 15, 2011 in America, and was released on March 18 in UK/Europe. A downloadable demo was released on March 1 for the PS3 and Xbox 360. The PS3 version supports the PlayStation Move and is also compatible in 3D. The Xbox 360 version does not support the Kinect but is 3D compatible.
Below is the list of all the 39 courts that are featured in the game, of which 7 are licensed.
- Australian Open - Melbourne - Hard
- Roland Garros - Paris - Clay
- US Open - New York - Hard
- Dublin Stadium (Replacement for Wimbledon Championships) - Dublin - Grass
- BNP Paribas Open - Indian Wells - Hard
- Sony Ericsson Open - Miami - Hard
- BNP Paribas Masters - Paris - Carpet
- Madrid Sports Arena (Madrid Open) - Madrid - Clay
- Stadio San Alessandro (Internazionali D'Italia) - Rome - Clay
- Court Principal (Monte Carlo Masters) - Montecarlo - Clay
- Shanghai Palace (Shanghai Masters) - Shanghai - Hard
- Canada Tennis Center (Canada Masters) - Toronto - Hard
- Cincinnati Tennis Center (Cincinnati Open) - Cincinnati - Hard
- Casablanca Stadium - Casablanca - Clay
- Barcelona Stadium - Barcelona - Clay
- Buenos Aires Tennis Center - Buenos Aires - Clay
- London Tennis Club - London - Grass
- Boston Bay Tennis Center - Boston - Grass
- Hamburg Stadthalle - Hamburg - Hard
- Moscow Tennis Arena - Moscow - Hard
- Texas Arena - Dallas - Hard
- Seoul Colosseum - Seoul - Hard
- Amsterdam Tennis Park - Amsterdam - Hard
- Westside Drive - Houston - Clay
- Auckland Stadium - Auckland - Grass
- American Tennis Garden - San Francisco - Grass
- Thorsten Brom - Munich - Grass
- Vienna Tennis Center - Vienna - Hard
- Stavgaard Tennis Hall - Stavgaard - Hard
- Abhijava Stadium - New Delhi - Hard
- Estadio do Sol - Estoril - Hard
- Grande Estadio de Chile - Santiago - Carpet
- The Bauhinia - Hong Kong - Carpet
- Kiev Indoor Arena - Kiev - Carpet
- Teranga Tennis Court - Dakar - Clay
- Silvjie Krleza - Omis - Hard
- Bermuda Stadium - Hamilton - Hard
- Atlanta's Doves - Atlanta - Hard
- Dubai Sports Complex - Dubai - Hard
Reviews for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Top Spin 4 have been positive, including a 9/10 and an Editor's Choice award from GameSpot, and an 8.5/10 from IGN, as well as a positive 84 on Metacritic. GameZone gave the game an 8/10, stating "Top Spin 4 offers tennis lovers plenty all on its own, and it presents itself in beautiful form. Its great depth of gameplay, packaged in an approachable and fun format, elevates it to the upper echelon of tennis titles. Buy the game, not the 3D spectacle."
The game was also gained an Award in a Booom Competition for being the best Czech video game of the year.
Reviews for the Wii version have been lackluster, highlighted by a 4/10 from GameSpot and a 56 on Metacritic.
The game has also been criticized for inaccurate player specific animations despite heavily advertising "2K's award winning Signature Style".
It is unknown whether there will be a sequel. As of mid 2014, there has been no news on a Top Spin 5.
- "Strategy Informer Previews Top Spin 4". Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- GiantBomb overview about the game.
- Kristan Reed (17-3-2011). "Top Spin 4 review". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved 17-3-2011.
- Matt Helgeson (15-3-2011). "Top Spin 4 Perfects The Fundamentals And Delivers A Compelling Career Mode". Game Informer. Retrieved 15-3-2011.
- Sam Bishop (07-4-2011). "Top Spin 4 review". Gamesradar. Retrieved 07-4-2011.
- Mark Walton (23-3-2011). "Top Spin 4 review". Gamespot. Retrieved 23-3-2011.
- Joe Utichi (31-3-2011). "Top Spin 4 review". IGN. Retrieved 31-3-2011.
- Matt Lees (03-4-2011). "Top Spin 4 review". Official Xbox Magazine. Retrieved 03-4-2011.
- "Booom 2011: nej PC hrou je podle novinářů Zaklínač 2".