List of top international association football goal scorers by country
This page lists the top all-time male goal scorer for each national football team where the top scorer has a minimum 20 goals in official international matches for his country. Players who are currently active at international level are indicated in bold type.
This list is not an all-time top international goal scorers list, as some country's second top scorer could have scored more than another country's top scorer. It only lists the top scorer for each country.
This list is for Men's association football only. As of 29 November 2013.
List of players
sorted by goals then goals-per-match
- Players in bold are still active at international level.
- Number is a count of nations. As of 19 November 2013, 10 nations (Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Ghana, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Venezuela) have a pair of players tied for national leader. These are counted as one nation each.
- The exact number of goals and caps for Algeria's top scorer, Abdelhafid Tasfaout, is not clear and therefore is not added in the list. Possible stats are; 35 goals in 88 caps, 35 in 86 caps or 36 goals in 87 caps.
- Statistics for the top scorers of Malaysia (Mokhtar Dahari – 125 goals, 167 caps), Morocco (Ahmed Faras – 42 goals), Qatar (Mansoor Muftah – 53 goals), have not been verified and therefore are not included in the list.
- "Classement des meilleurs buteurs" (in French). DZFootball. Retrieved 2013-02-14.
- "The late Mokhtar Dahari". Olympic Council of Malaysia. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- "Portrait Ahmed Faras - Ancien Capitaine de l'équipe national du Maroc". Le Soir (in French) (Belgium). 18 February 2010. Retrieved 2012-06-2012.
- "منصور مفتاح" (in Arabic). Rayyan Club. Retrieved 2012-06-20.