Established in South Korea in 1998, TOPFIELD Co., Ltd. is a consumer electronics manufacturer making broadcasting receivers, other video and audio related apparatus. Their main business is making products such as set top boxes (STBs) and personal video recorders (PVRs) to be used with satellite television or digital television. Topfield have never manufactured televisions.
The company has head offices in Bundang, South Korea, and branch offices in Germany and Thailand.
Personal Video Recorder
Topfield produces PVRs for standard- and high-definition television program recording. The PVRs store the digital files in a container-format with the *.REC file extension on their hard-disk drives.
Various unofficial alternative versions of operating software with additional features and bug fixes have been made available, and the operation of Topfield PVRs can be substantially modified by installing third-party Topfield Application Programs (TAPs).
A complete list of models is available on the Topfield website
- TF-100C Black Edition
- TF-100T Black Edition
- TF5000 PVRt
- TF5800PVR TF58x0 models are UK Freeview PVRs
- TF7100HD PVRt Plus
|Wikibooks has a book on the topic of: Topfield 5800|
- Topfield's Official Korean site
- TAPWorld - A directory of Topfield Application Programs (TAPs)
- Topfield's Russian site
- Topfield's Official Australian site
- Topfield Australian Forum
- Oztoppy Wiki - An independent wiki with information about different Topfield models sold in Australia
- Toppy - UK based user forum
- Topfield freeview PVR - An independent site with much UK Topfield PVR5800 and PVR5800t information.
- More information about Topfield 5000 and 5100 PVR models sold in Finland (in Finnish)
- Antares, open source alternative to the Topfield software "Altair" for both 32- and 64-bit Windows v1.1 as of October 2012[update].