|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Products||Clothing, shoes, accessories, makeup|
|Owner(s)||Arcadia Group (75%)
Leonard Green and Partners (25%)
Topshop is a British multinational retailer which specialises in fashion clothing, shoes, make-up and accessories. It has around 440 shops across 37 countries and online operations in a number of its markets. It is part of the Arcadia Group, which is controlled by Sir Philip Green and owns a number of other retail outlets including Burton, Dorothy Perkins and Miss Selfridge.
Topshop was founded in 1964 as Peter Robinson's Top Shop, a youth fashion brand within the Sheffield branch of Peter Robinson, a now-defunct British department store chain. The first stand-alone Topshop store was opened in 1974. In 1970, Topman was created as a spin-off brand to cater for male customers and is now run as a separate chain, although some stores are co-located.
In November 2012, Topshop launched its first store in South Africa. In April 2013 a Topshop-Topman store launched in Cape Town, at the V&A Waterfront, with then a total of three stores in the country.
Topshop has around 440 shops, 319 of which are in Britain, across 37 countries and online operations in a number of its markets.
Flagship stores 
Oxford Circus, London 
Topshop Oxford Circus is the flagship Topshop store in the United Kingdom and the largest fashion store in the world. The store's features include a nail bar, a one-hour tailoring service, a hair salon by catwalk hairdresser Daniel Hersheson, an EAT café/sandwich bar, and a one-hour delivery service whereby customers can place an order to the store and their products will be delivered by Vespa scooter to them within one hour, providing that they live in the delivery zone. Topshop Oxford Circus is roughly 90,000 square feet (8,400 m2) and covers five floors. The shop attracts up to 30,000 customers each day.
Broadway, New York City 
Topshop's first flagship store outside the United Kingdom is located on Broadway in SoHo, New York City. The store offers services similar to Topshop Oxford Circus in London. The New York store is the brand's second largest store after the company's flagship store in London: the New York store is roughly 60,000 square feet (5,600 m2).
Liverpool One, Liverpool 
In the summer of 2009, Topshop opened its first Manhattan-style concept store in the United Kingdom, in Liverpool, England. Located in Liverpool One, the new store provides 60,000 square feet (5,600 m2) of retail space making it the second largest store in the country. It is the company's north of England flagship store and also contains Topman, an Office and Kurt Geiger shoes outlet, and a Voodoo hair salon.
Briggate, Leeds 
In October 2012, Topshop opened a 31,000 square feet (2,900 m2) flagship store on Briggate in Leeds, which became the third-largest Topshop in the UK. It is one of only two stores in the UK to offer a personal shopper service. It is part of the Trinity Leeds shopping development which is due to be fully opened by March 2013.
By country 
- United Kingdom: 300 
- Russia: 22
- Ireland: 16
- Philippines: 11
- Israel: 9
- Singapore: 9
- Denmark: 8
- Malaysia: 8
- Saudi Arabia: 8
- United Arab Emirates: 8
- Chile: 7
- Indonesia: 5
- Japan: 5
- Turkey: 5
- Croatia: 4
- Cyprus: 4
- Sweden: 4
- Canada: 5
- Kuwait: 3
- Spain: 3
- One store in Madrid, and the other two are located in the nearby city of Alcala de Henares.
- Thailand: 3
- United States: 4
- There are currently Topshop stores located in Chicago, New York City, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Topshop has also agreed a deal to sell its products through the department store chain Nordstrom, which has 19 stores across the United States.
- Australia: 4
- Iceland: 2
- Qatar: 2
- Slovenia: 2
- South Africa: 3
- Bahamas: 1
- Brazil: 2
- China: 1 
- Czech Republic: 1
- Gibraltar: 1
- Hong Kong: 1
- Lebanon: 2 (Opened its second store at the Beirut City Centre)
- Netherlands: 1
- Poland: 1
- Ukraine: 2
- South Africa: 3
Topshop's principal products are fashion clothing, shoes, make-up and accessories.
In July 2007, British artist Stella Vine designed a limited edition fashion range exclusively for Topshop inspired by her colourful artworks. These included T-shirts, vest tops, and T-shirt dresses, with the labels designed in pink glitter. The Guardian commented that "the fact that the range of T-shirts she has recently designed for Top Shop - emblazoned with slogans like Breaking Up With Her Boyfriend - are flying out, speaks volumes for her public support."
On 4 December 2010, campaigners staged a sit-in at Topshop's flagship Oxford Circus store, and in Brighton a few glued themselves to the branch windows, while other high streets in towns and cities across Britain saw similar protests in a day of action against the tax arrangements of rich individuals and big businesses.
- Arcadia - Our History
- "Topshop opens in Auckland". Stuff.co.nz. 1 May 2010. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Topshop to open in New Zealand". Stuff.co.nz. 24 March 2010. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- Dykes, Daniel (26 June 2011). "Topshop in Australia". Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- Madongo, Irene (23 November 2012). "Topshop: open in S Africa". Financial Times.
- "Philip Green sells 25% stake in Topshop chain". BBC News. 6 December 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Billionaire Sells Stake in Topshop for $805 Million". The New York Times. 6 December 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "See's, Topshop, Topman opening at the Grove in February". LA Times.
- http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=24218Topshop Press Release regarding Topshop's size.
- http://www.topshop.com/blog/2007/09/Sep_12.html EAT café Topshop.
- http://media.www.thehilltoponline.com/media/storage/paper590/news/2008/09/17/LifeStyle/Topshop.Brings.London.Style.To.The.States-3435336.shtml Topshop's Size
- http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/21/business/worldbusiness/21topshop.html Topshop's Average daily footfall of brands flagship store.
- http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/02/13/style/Rtop.php Topshop signs a New York deal
- http://www.beautyandthedirt.co.uk/show.asp?ID=12 Topshop's NYC store
- http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/21/business/worldbusiness/21topshop.html New York flagship store size
- http://thestyledarling.blogspot.com/2008/09/on-topshop-of-manhattan_08.html New York store info
- Hall, James (2 April 2009). "Sir Philip Green confident as Topshop opens in New York". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 10 April 2009.
- "Top Shop's New Global Store to Open in Liverpool One". Liverpool One. 24 April 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
- Core, Kevin (30 January 2009). "New Topshop bucks trend". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
- ABC News: U.K.: Kate Moss' Designs Unveiled in London
- http://www.thenanfang.com/blog/fashion-alert-britains-topshop-pops-up-in-shenzhen/. Missing or empty
- http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/12/13/topshop-opens-hong-kong-store---asia-debut/. Missing or empty
- "Kate Moss Confirmed for Topshop" Rogue Connect, 20 September 2006
- Stella Vine tee at Topshop, Catwalk Queen, 2007. Retrieved 9 January 2009.
- One of Stella Vine's T-shirt dresses for TopShop, Topshop.com, 2007. Retrieved 9 January 2009.
- "Stella Vine for Top Shop", Topshop, 27 July 2007. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- Moody, Paul. "Everyone's talking about Stella Vine", The Guardian, 12 July 2007. Retrieved 9 December 2008.
- Howie, Michael (4 December 2010). "Sir Philip Green's flagship Topshop forced to close in tax avoidance protest". London: The Telegraph. Retrieved 5 December 2010.
- Frances Leate (22 February 2011). "Arrested by armed police – for writing on a wall". Daily Gazette.
- http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/education.cfm?id=1905262007. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Topshop|