R. Torre & Company, Inc.
|Industry||Flavorings, Spices & Other Ingredients|
|Headquarters||South San Francisco, California, United States|
|Revenue||US$ 85 million (2011)|
Number of employees
R. Torre & Company, Inc., maker of Torani, is a San Francisco based family-owned company that produces flavoring syrups, sauces and blended drink bases. Torani can be added to coffee, espresso beverages, cocktails, soda and other beverages.The R. Torre & Company was founded in 1925 by Rinaldo and Ezilda Torre and is still owned and operated by the Torre family.
Torani dates back to 1925, when, with handwritten recipes from their hometown of Lucca, Italy, husband and wife Rinaldo and Ezilda Torre introduced Torani syrups to the North Beach neighborhood of San Francisco. Mixing their syrup recipes with sparkling water, the Torres introduced the classic Italian soda to local cafes, and soon began mixing, blending and selling Torani Syrups from their Italian wholesale grocery.
Torani remains a family legacy, owned by Paul Lucheta and Lisa Lucheta, grandchildren of Rinaldo and Ezilda. The company employs over 100, and Torani products are distributed in over 40 countries. Torani is manufactured in South San Francisco, California.The company blends flavored syrups for sale to global food service clients and specialty retailers under the Torani brand name. Its products, which include Italian syrups in flavors such as amaretto, butterscotch, cheesecake, chocolate, French vanilla, strawberry, and peppermint, are used to flavor coffee drinks, sodas, and teas. The company also produces dessert sauces, smoothie bases, frozen beverage mixes, and sugar-free syrups. R. Torre & Company, Inc. received President's "E" Award for its export program. A committee of public and private sector members reviewed 20 nominations for the award and selected Torani as one of its recipients. The clients of R. Torre & Company, Inc. include CPWM specialty/import retail stores and UNFI,an independent national distributor of natural and organic foods, specialty foods, and related products in the United States. Chicken 'N Waffles syrup—which started as a joke,has become a real product. Torani has started working with World Pantry and New Carbon. Melanie Dulbecco is CEO of R. Torre & Company since 1991.She is the first CEO from outside the Torre family.
- SEC (February 1, 2012). "R. Torre & Company, Inc.". insideview.com. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "Torani". Lead411.com. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- "R. Torre & Co Inc Information from". CareersInFood.com. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- SEC (February 1, 2012). "R. Torre & Company Company Profile". hoovers.com. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "Keep New Year's Resolutions with Sugar Free". The San Francisco Chronicle.[dead link]
- Spear, Peggy (December 30, 2009). "Say 'Felice Anno Nuovo' with Italian Sodas". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved January 16, 2010.
- Goldstein, Carrie (June 3, 1998). "Torani Keeps It Sweet and Sticky". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved January 16, 2010.
- SEC (February 1, 2012). "Torani garners award for export business.". hoovers.com. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- Fleming, Katie (December 22, 2012). "Torani's Chicken 'N Waffles syrup". The San Francisco Chronicle.
- Polis, Carey (December 13, 2012). "Taste Test: Chicken 'N Waffles Syrup". Huffington Post.
- http://www.equities.com/news/headline-story?dt=2012-12-15&val=831934&cat=industrial[dead link]
- Forum, Leadership (April 19, 2012). "Loyalty to Your Underlings Can Be a Terrible Thing". Forbes.
- http://www.forward-story.com/?p=270[dead link]