|Full name||Torbjørn Agdestein|
|Date of birth||18 September 1991|
|Place of birth||Stord, Norway|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2010–2013||Brighton & Hove Albion||6||(0)|
|2011||→ Bath City (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 January 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Agdestein started his career at Stord IL, playing 35 games and scoring 16 goals.
Brighton & Hove Albion
In 2010, Agdestein was transferred to English club Brighton & Hove Albion for an undisclosed fee and featured in the development squad. Agdestein made his first competitive appearance for Brighton during an FA Cup 3rd round replay against Wrexham. Three days later, he made his first league appearance for Brighton coming on as a second-half substitute and providing an assist to Will Buckley in a 2–1 victory at Peterborough United. Towards the end of the 2010-11 season, Agdestein had his Brighton contract extended for one-year.
Following his return from Bath City, Agdestein soon played regularly in the reserve team and in March 2012, signed a two-year contract.
On 26 July 2013, Agdestein left Brighton after his contract was terminated by mutual consent despite having one-year left to run. After leaving the club, Agdestein said manager Óscar García had never seen him play.
Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Agdestein signed for Inverness CT in July 2013 on a six- month contract, the club beating off competition from Viking. However, Agdestein suffered a lack of playing time due to the form of Billy McKay and only made one start. Despite a desire to sign a new contract, Agdestein left the club when his contract expired and his agent said he was in talks with English clubs.
- "Brighton sign Kazenga LuaLua and Torbjorn Agdestein". BBC Football. 2010-08-31.
- "Wrexham v Brighton". Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. 2011-01-18.
- "Peterborough v Brighton". Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. 2012-01-21.
- "Brighton & Hove Albion duo pen new deals". BBC Sport. 28 April 2011. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Bath City sign Brighton youngster Torbjorn Agdestein". BBC Football. 2011-09-16.
- "Albion interested in Irish defender". The Argus. 17 October 2011. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "New deal for Albion striker". The Argus. 12 March 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Harley leaves Albion". Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. 2013-07-26. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Toby: Now watch me go gaffer". The Scottish Sun (subscription required). 2 August 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Tel Signs Viking Raider". ictfc.com. 27 July 2013. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Terry Butcher completes Viking raid and gives Inverness Caledonian Thistle attack another dimension". Daily Record. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "Torbjorn Agdestein reveals Inverness Caledonian Thistle dilemma". Sports Mole. 4 January 2014. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "Torbjorn Agdestein completed in Inverness" [Torbjørn Agdestein ferdig i Inverness] (in Norwegian). Haugesunds Avis. 6 January 2014. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "Agdestein klar". FK Haugesund (in Norwegian). 17 March 2014. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Poyet: Take Your Chance". Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. 2012-02-22. Archived from the original on 8 August 2013.