From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up torch or torches in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A torch is a portable burning light source.
Torch or torches may also refer to:
Light or heat sources
- A portable electric light. Called a "flashlight" in the USA. In Canada and Australia both terms are used.
- In industry and construction, a small hand-held gas burner which makes a hot flame, usually fueled by oxygen and either acetylene or propane:
- The Olympic Torch
- Torch (band), a Norwegian rock metal band
- Torch (rapper), a German rapper
- Torch (American rapper), a American rapper
- The Torch (Elgar), a song by the English composer Edward Elgar
- Torch (Carly Simon album), a 1981 album by Carly Simon
- Torch (Blaque album), the unreleased third studio album by Blaque
- Torch (Honeytribe album), a 2006 album by Devon Allman's Honeytribe
- "Torch", the ending song for Clannad (visual novel) anime
- Warren DeMartini, (Nicknamed "Torch") Guitarist for American Hard Rock band "Ratt"
- Sidney Torch, British composer and bandleader
- Torches (album), the debut album by Foster the People
- Torch songs, a variety of jazz vocals sung mostly by female performers
- The Torch (XM), a channel on XM Radio
- The Torch, St. John's University, the student newspaper of St. John's University
- The Torch (film), a 1950 film directed by Emilio Fernández
- Human Torch, the Fantastic Four comic book character
- The Torch (novel), a 1948 science fiction novel by Jack Bechdolt
- Torch, a 2007 novel by American author Cheryl Strayed
- Torch, a human replacement entity utilized in the world of Shakugan no Shana novels
- Torch (G.I. Joe), a character in the G.I. Joe universe
- "Torches", an episode of the television series Teletubbies
- BlackBerry Torch, a smartphone developed by Research in Motion
- Torch Computers, former manufacturer of computer peripherals for the BBC Micro
- Torch browser, a freeware web browser and Internet Suite developed by Torch Media
- Torch (machine learning), a library of machine learning algorithms
- Colloquially, to commit the crime of arson
- TORCH complex (aka TORCHES), a medical acronym for maternal infections transmitted to the fetus
- Operation Torch, the Anglo-American invasion of French North Africa in World War II during the North African Campaign
- Robert Torricelli, a U.S. Senator from New Jersey nicknamed "the Torch"
- The Marina Torch, a skyscraper under construction in Dubai
- TORCH report, a report on the Chernobyl disaster
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Torch.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.