||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (December 2014)|
|Occupation||Teacher, Author, Spiritualist|
|Known for||Researching and teaching the Ageless Wisdom, authoring over 150 books|
Torkom Saraydarian (1917–1997) was an Armenian musician and religious author. He was born in Turkey of Armenian parents. Since childhood he was trained in the Teachings of the Ageless Wisdom under the guidance of his father.
He visited monasteries, temples and mystery schools seeking answers to his questions about the mystery of man and the universe. He was musically trained and played the violin, piano, oud, cello and guitar. He composed hundreds of musical pieces.
His works represent a synthesis of sacred culture of the world by creating a truly universal approach to spirituality. His written legacy spans over 170 books (half of which have been published), hundreds of musical pieces and lectures.
At age nine, Torkom began to receive education in the Ageless Wisdom under his father's guidance. At that time, people attended meetings - in caves or under the stars - to hold ceremonies and dramatizations to reveal the world's mysteries.
In 1959, he moved to the US with his family from Jordan. He began inviting people into his home in Van Nuys, California to learn how to live more productive, healthy, right lives via the principles of Ageless Wisdom. This was the inception of the Aquarian Educational Group (AEG). At AEG's 35th anniversary celebration Agoura, California he stated:
"Now, how we started this group. This group was started in 1961 - unofficially. One day I was coming home from the church. I saw 15 boys sitting and doping themselves. All my neighbors - very beautiful boys and girls. When I saw them doping and smoking, my heart broke. I said, ‘Don't they have fathers, don't they have mothers?' Because I was from the old country and could not understand America. (That was not America, but I say ‘America.') I couldn't understand how people could drug themselves and dope themselves. So I went home, I meditated, I thought. I said, ‘We must form a group to bring all these children in and slowly educate them.'..."
For ten years, he taught classes and lectured in a one-room garage without a salary except for small donations left by students.
From ancient times, a body of spiritual* teaching known as "Ageless Wisdom" has been handed down from generation to generation. A systematic and comprehensive account of the evolution of consciousness in man and nature, it describes how the universe came to exist, how it operates, and man's place within it.
Torkom Saraydarian's seven principles of right living are Beauty, Goodness, Righteousness, Joy, Freedom, Striving and Sacrificial Service.
- "We are an international group in which everyone can take part because it is the principles that give life - not religions."
- "We didn't build a religion. We didn't build hatred between people. We emphasized great principles and these great principles worked." 
Through the practice of these principles, Torkom aimed to teach people how to be successful, co-operative, creative and have healthy, happy relationships.
- "‘Love each other' is nothing. ‘Love each other' is now obsolete. ‘Love others more than yourself' is the new commandment!"
- "If you look to the future, one day, you are going to jump from one galaxy to another; and this is not a dream. As we went to the moon it was not a dream, we'll do this dream also. Really. Striving - try to perfect yourself, try to shape yourself - physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually - so that you judge yourself. Nobody is your judge.... You are going to put yourself in line with Divine intent. Divinity rules."
- "Whatever you learned by Beauty, Goodness, Righteousness, by Joy, by Truth, by Freedom, by Striving, put them on the altar of human service. Let's serve each other. Let all nations serve each other. Let's make this planet a planet of joy, of freedom, so that everybody is free...."
- "In eighteen million years we didn't change; we must change it, and it is given in your hand to take the flag. I will continue running and running and running until my last breath. But later, you are going to take the flag and say, 'Torkom did it, but we are going to do 100% more!' And I will be with you."
Torkom taught for over 50 years in the US and internationally, and counseled thousands of people. He collected over 8,000 books, booklets and periodicals formed the TS library. He presented thousands of lectures, seminars, and workshops in the US and internationally.
He wrote 170 books, of which some have been translated into Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Greek, Armenian, Danish, Swedish, German, Yugoslavian, and Russian, as well as thousands of articles. He studied and wrote summaries of major books of the Wisdom Teachings, including The Secret Doctrine, The Bhagavad Gita, Treatise on Cosmic Fire, and the Agni Yoga Books. With Gita Saraydarian Tarkom helped create the TSG Foundation as the major publishing house for his works.
He also created The Creative Trust with Gita to house his creative works and created meditation courses and spiritual training curricula. TSG University curriculum was founded to promote his work.
The TSG Foundation focuses on a comprehensive spiritual educational program of life enhancement teachings designed by Saraydarian.
TSG continued to be run by Gita Saraydarian. The Foundation’s headquarters is in Cave Creek, Arizona. Its books, study courses, and seminars are distributed/conducted throughout the world.
The prime objective of the TSG Foundation’s work is to help people to unfold their potentials; deepen their non-sectarian spiritual learning through practical, transformational processes; increase their capacity to serve others; and make their lives more beautiful. TSG provides progressive ideas — defined as those ideas which are designed for the betterment of human relationships and for humanity as a whole, through which a person is empowered to make better life choices.
The foundation claims that new education is found in new subject matter, not in new methods. TSG’s subject matter involves principles and standards that can be applied by people of all backgrounds and cultures. It is designed to train the mind to think holistically. TSG labels this education ‘living ethics’. This includes:
- The science of Meditation
- Understanding Karma and Reincarnation
- Learning about the Divine source of all human beings
- Higher Worlds of life and Divine guidance
- The principles of Beauty, Goodness, Righteousness, Joy, and Freedom
- Continuous improvement and growth through application of spiritual Teachings
- Service for human welfare in all fields as a way of life
- The development of true inner confidence
- The healing of our physical, emotional, mental, and higher spiritual bodies
- Understanding the flow of psychic energy
- The science of the soul and the work of the Guardian Angel
- The science of right human relations in marriage, friendships, and child rearing
- Developing the power of the human soul
- The Ageless Wisdom. T. S. G. Publishing Foundation, Incorporated. 1 November 1989. ISBN 978-0-929874-13-5.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Aura, Shield of Protection and Glory
- Avatars, Revelations of God
- Battling Dark Forces
- Bhagavad Gita
- Breakthrough to Higher Psychism
- Buddha Sutra - A Dialogue with the Glorious One
- Challenge for Discipleship
- Christ, The Avatar of Sacrificial Love
- Commentary on Psychic Energy
- Cosmic Shocks
- Cosmos in Man
- Creative Fire
- Creative Sound, Sacred Music, Dance, and Song
- Dialogue with Christ (2nd Ed.)
- Dynamics of the Soul
- Dynamics of Success
- Education as Transformation, Vol. I
- Education as Transformation, Vol. II
- Eyes of Hierarchy
- Flame of Beauty, Culture, Love, Joy
- Flame of the Heart
- From My Heart - Collection of Poetry, Vol. I
- Glossary - A Concordance of Torkom Saraydarian's Works
- Hiawatha and the Great Peace
- Hidden Glory of the Inner Man
- Initiation, The Path of Living Service
- I Was
- Joy and Healing (3rd Ed.)
- Karma and Reincarnation
- Leadership, Vol. I
- Leadership, Vol. II
- Leadership, Vol. III
- Leadership, Vol. IV
- Leadership, Vol. V
- Legend of Shamballa
- Mysteries of Willpower
- Mystery of Self-Image
- New Dimensions in Healing
- Obsession and Possession
- Olympus World Report - The Year 3000
- One Hundred Names of God
- Other Worlds
- Psyche and Psychism (2 Volume Set)
- Psychology of Cooperation and Group Consciousness
- Purpose of Life
- Science of Becoming Oneself
- Science of Meditation
- Sense of Responsibility in Society
- Sex, Family, and the Woman in Society (2nd Ed.)
- Solar Angel, Vol. 1
- Solar Angel, Vol. 2
- Spiritual Regeneration
- Spring of Prosperity
- Subconscious Mind and
- the Chalice
- Symphony of the Zodiac
- Talks on Agni, Vol. I
- Talks on Agni, Vol. II
- Talks on Agni, Vol. III
- Teaching the Ageless Wisdom
- Thought & The Glory of Thinking
- Triangles of Fire
- Unusual Court
- Woman Torch of the Future (2nd Ed.)
- Wisdom of the Zodiac Volume 1: Aries-Taurus-Gemini
- Wisdom of the Zodiac Volume 2: Cancer-Leo-Virgo
- Wisdom of the Zodiac Volume 3: Libra-Scorpio-Sagittarius
- Wisdom of the Zodiac Volume 4: Capricorn-Aquarius-Pisces
- The Year 2000 & After
Torkom composed and recorded hundreds of musical compositions and sacred songs.
- Dance of The Zodiac
- Misty Mountain
- Far Horizons
- Piano Compositions
- Fire Blossom
- Sacred Songs
- Lao Tse Spirit of My Heart
- Let My Dreams Come True Sun Rhythms
- Tears of My Joy
- Light Years Ahead
- A Touch of Heart
- Lily in Tibet
- Toward Freedom
The TSG University
The TSG University is a Spiritual Training Center for the systematic study of the Ageless Wisdom Teachings.
Students may study courses for self enrichment, take individual meditation courses, or follow a specific program for specialized training.
TSG University was founded by Gita Saraydarian. Classes began online and on-site in September 2000. The curriculum was created by Gita and is based on the many courses, classes, instructions, and visions of a specialized Spiritual University that Torkom discussed in his writings and speeches.
The University provides courses in meditation and intensive study of the esoteric Wisdom. All the courses provide opportunities for self-transformation. Students study the theory and practical application of the Ageless Wisdom Teachings and learn how to be transformed parents, partners, creative artists, leaders, healers, ministers, and teachers. Seminars and workshops in the United States and Europe provide additional opportunities for first-hand experience of the Sacred Teachings of the Ancient Sages.
Courses of study begin with a focus on the Ageless Wisdom Teachings of Torkom Saraydarian, and slowly expand to include reading and study from the books of Alice A. Bailey, Helena Roerich, and H. P. Blavatsky and others from a wide variety of scholarly literature in comparative religions and spirituality.
Courses help the participant to develop skills in observation, meditation, analytical and critical thinking, the development of virtues, and to becoming one's True Self.
The TSG University provides non-accredited certification as well as non-accredited degrees in BA, MA, and PhD in spiritual and philosophical education.
- T.S.G. Foundation archives
- Torkom Saraydarian at the Aquarian Educational Group's 35th Anniversary, July 21, 1996.
- from Healing Through Love, a lecture by Torkom Saraydarian on January 13, 1993
- The Creative Fire. T. S. G. Publishing Foundation, Incorporated. 1 January 1996. pp. 563–564. ISBN 978-0-929874-22-7.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- TSG Fund Raising
- "Ageless Wisdom Teachings in brief". Share-international.org. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
Related groups and Foundations:
- White Mountain Education Association
- The TSG Foundation US
- TSG Group UK
- TSG Group Germany
- TSG Colorado
- TSG Hispana
- TSG Switzerland
Educational institutions using his work:
- St. Sergius University and Seminary
- The Torkom Saraydarian University
- The White Mountain Education Association
- Torkom Saraydarian United Kingdom