Toro Rosso STR8
|Designer(s)||James Key (Technical Director)|
|Predecessor||Toro Rosso STR7|
|Successor||Toro Rosso STR9|
|Chassis||Moulded carbon fibre composite monocoque incorporating front and side impact structures|
|Suspension (front)||Upper and lower carbon wishbones, torsion bar springs and anti roll bars, Pushrod suspension|
|Suspension (rear)||Upper and lower carbon wishbones, torsion bar springs and anti roll bars, Pullrod suspension|
|Engine||Ferrari Type 056 2.4 L (146 cu in) V8 (90°). Naturally aspirated, 18,000 RPM limited with KERS, mid-mounted.|
|Transmission||Ferrari Seven-speed hydraulic|
|Weight||642 kg (including driver and camera)|
|Tyres||Pirelli P Zero (dry), Cinturato (wet)|
|Notable entrants||Scuderia Toro Rosso|
|Notable drivers||18. Jean-Éric Vergne
19. Daniel Ricciardo
|Debut||2013 Australian Grand Prix|
The Toro Rosso STR8 (initially referred to as the Toro Rosso STR08) is a Formula One racing car designed and built by Scuderia Toro Rosso for use in the 2013 Formula One season. It was driven by Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Éric Vergne, both of whom drove for the team in 2012.
Complete Formula One results
(key) (results in bold indicate pole position; results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2013||Scuderia Toro Rosso||Ferrari Type 056||P|
† Driver failed to finish the race, but was classified as they had completed greater than 90% of the race distance.
- "Key replaces Ascanelli at Toro Rosso". Formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 6 September 2012. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- Noble, Jonathan; Beer, Matt (11 December 2013). "F1 teams expert enough to avoid early tyre struggles – Ross Brawn". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Collantine, Keith (31 October 2012). "Toro Rosso resigns Ricciardo and Vergne for 2013". f1fanatic.co.uk.
- "2013 starts now". Red Bull. 25 November 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- Nugnes, Franco (29 December 2012). "Toro Rosso: niente doppio fondo e sospensione pull" [Toro Rosso: no double bottom and pull suspension]. Omnicorse.it (in Italian). Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- "Ricciardo earns Toro Rosso ride". The Australian (News Limited). Agence France-Presse. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toro Rosso STR8.|