Toronto Blue Ice Jets
|Toronto Blue Ice Jets|
|City||Thornhill, Ontario, Canada|
|League||Greater Metro Junior A Hockey League|
|Home arena||Thornhill Community Centre|
|Colours||Black, Silver, White
|General manager||Tommy Kotsopoulos|
|Head coach||Tommy Kotsopoulos|
|2006-2013||Toronto Canada Moose|
|2013-Present||Toronto Blue Ice Jets|
The founding of the Toronto Canada Moose coincided with the creation of the GMHL in the 2006-07 season. Playing in their home rink, the Thornhill Community Centre, the Moose are one of seven original league members who began play in the GMHL's inaugural season.
The first game in TCM history took place on September 9, 2006 against the King Wild in Thornhill, Ontario. The game resulted in a 5-1 loss. On September 11, 2006, TCM celebrated their first win defeating the Deseronto Thunder by a score of 5-2.
The Moose finished their inaugural season with a 19-20-0-3 record. They placed fifth in the league after a season long race for fourth with the Deseronto Thunder and Nipissing Alouettes. Their first playoff appearance put them up against the King Wild in the league quarter-final. Unfortunately, the Moose bowed out in five games (3-8, 8-3, 3-5, 1-9, 2-6).
The Moose started their second season off very slowly. After breaking a long losing streak, the Moose managed to pull off fourteen wins in rather short order but still only finished in eleventh place in the now thirteen team league. In the first round, the Moose were picked by the top seeded Bradford Rattlers. The Moose made a series of it, keeping it close almost scaring the defending champions a couple times. The first three games were close, and the fourth was close until the end as the Rattlers swept the series in four games.
On January 3, 2008, the Moose played against Kazakhstan's Torpedo UST-Kamenogorsk Under-18 squad in an exhibition game. Despite rallying to tie the game 4-4 at the end of the second, the Moose fell to the Torpedo 8-5.
In Spring 2013, the Moose were renamed the Blue Ice Jets.
On September 6, 2013, the Blue Ice Jets played their first game since changing ownership against South Muskoka Shield and lost 5-4. The first win under the Blue Ice Jets name took place on September 7, 2013 against the Bobcaygeon Bucks in Thornhill, Ontario. The Blue Ice Jets beat the Bucks 17-2.
|Toronto Canada Moose|
|2006-07||42||19||20||-||3||189||204||41||5th GMJHL||Lost Quarter-final|
|2007-08||42||14||27||-||1||154||254||29||11th GMJHL||Lost Bye Round|
|2008-09||43||18||21||-||4||205||204||40||9th GMJHL||Lost Division Quarter-final|
|2009-10||42||15||23||-||4||172||212||34||9th GMJHL||Lost Qualifier|
|2010-11||42||17||23||-||2||195||206||36||8th GMJHL||Lost Semi-final|
|2011-12||42||17||23||-||2||153||211||36||10th GMJHL||Lost Bye Round|
|2012-13||42||12||28||0||2||153||261||26||13th GMHL||Lost Division Quarter-final|
|Toronto Blue Ice Jets|
|2013-14||42||32||9||-||1||304||150||65||5th GMHL||Lost Division Semi-final|
- 2007 Lost quarter-final
- King Wild defeated Toronto Canada Moose 4-games-to-1 in quarter-final
- 2008 Lost bye round
- Bradford Rattlers defeated Toronto Canada Moose 4-games-to-none in bye round
- 2009 Lost division quarter-final
- Bradford Rattlers defeated Toronto Canada Moose 3-games-to-2 in division quarter-final
- 2010 Lost qualifier series
- Toronto Canada Moose defeated Oro-Medonte 77's 6-4 in last minute qualifier
- Algoma Avalanche defeated Toronto Canada Moose 2-games-to-1 in qualifier series
- 2011 Lost semi-final
- Toronto Canada Moose defeated Vaughan Wild 9-1 in last minute qualifier
- Toronto Canada Moose defeated Shelburne Red Wings 2-games-to-none in qualifier
- Toronto Canada Moose defeated Jamestown Jets 3-games-to-1 in quarter-final
- Elliot Lake Bobcats defeated Toronto Canada Moose 4-games-to-none in semi-final
- 2012 Lost bye round
- Deseronto Storm defeated Toronto Canada Moose 2-games-to-none in bye round
- 2013 Lost division quarter-final
- Bradford Bulls defeated Toronto Canada Moose 3-games-to-1 in division quarter-final
- 2014 Lost division semi-final
- Toronto Blue Ice Jets defeated Halton Ravens 3-games-to-none in division quarter-final
- Bradford Rattlers defeated Toronto Blue Ice Jets 3-games-to-1 in division semi-final