View from south-east angle
|Location||Pº de la Castellana 259, CTBA, Madrid, Spain|
|Roof||230 m (750 ft)|
|Lifts/elevators||Made by Schindler Group|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Pei Cobb Freed|
During its construction on the night of September 4th 2006 a fire was declared on the floor 43 of the tower. Fortunately, there were no critical damages on the structure of the building. It just affected some construction materials. In November 2006, its structure surpassed the height of the Gran Hotel Bali, thus becoming the tallest building in Spain. The structure was topped out on March 19, 2007. On the night of that day, Alberto Ruiz Gallardón, mayor of Madrid, attended a ceremony with fireworks to commemorate the event. With its 230 m, it also became the tallest structure in Spain, surpassing the telecommunications tower Torrespaña. Torre de Cristal, one of the neighbouring skyscrapers at the Cuatro Torres Business Area, surpassed the height of Torre Espacio in April 2007.
- Torre Espacio Fire
- Terra, May 16, 2007.
- Pei Cobb Freed & Partners website
- "OHL will earn 6.54 million to build Torre Espacio". Expansion.com. 27 March 2004. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- Official website for the British Embassy in Spain
- Media related to Torre Espacio at Wikimedia Commons
- Se retira la última dotación de bomberos tras quedar extinguido el fuego en la madrileña Torre Espacio
- Torre Espacio's official website