|• Total||157 km2 (61 sq mi)|
|Elevation||586 m (1,923 ft)|
|• Density||88.9/km2 (230/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Torredonjimeno is a city located in the province of Jaén, Spain. According to the 2012 census (INE), the city has a population of 14126 inhabitants, with 6954 males and 7172 females. It covers an area of 157 km2 and is at an elevation of 586 m.
The location of Torredonjimeno, located in a fertile area, without significant geographic and a crossroads that connects the land with the Cordoba countryside Jaén has allowed the presence of human communities along the history. The archaeological sites that are dispersed by the term are very abundant, ranging from the Paleolithic to the present day. Iberian settlements, Roman villas are lavished in places like St. Nicasio, the Fountain of Don Sancho, the Watchtower, the Molino del Cubo, Cerro Buitreras, etc.., But perhaps the most important remains are kept in the Tower of Vénzala, Fuencubierta, Alcazar and the Castle itself. The archaeological remains have appeared from time immemorial and that many news to be found, throughout history, the discovery of a particular tombstone inscription mosaic lithic or ceramic, sculptures, etc.
Though Torredonjimeno has a small population compared to other cities of Spain, it is a thriving business center. There are more than 82 established trade/business categories with the popular ones being furniture craftsmanship, legal services, organic farming etc. The governing team includes Ms M Isabel Lozano Moral (Mayor-President), D. Manuel Angel Lopez Martinez (1st Deputy Mayor), Ms. Encarnacion Oven Quesada (2nd Deputy Mayor), Square D Juan Nicolas Garcia (Councilman), D Juan Diaz Jimenez (Councilman) and Moreno María Concepcion Anguita. The legal framework of the local police is based on the Constitution and the Organic Law of the Security Forces and the Police Act Local Coordination of Andalusia, all create a model police establishing basic principles action in respect to the Constitution and to the rest of the Legal System: Permanent Mission community service, matching ends and means in their actions, respect for the dignity of the person, subordination to the Authority and the responsibility in the exercise of their functions.
- "INE Spain Demographic Report 2012". Instituto Nacional de Estadística (Spain). 2013-03-30. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Official portal of Torredonjimeno". Torredonjimeno Municipality. 2013-03-30. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Torredonjimeno Spain Business Directory". Zocator.es. 2013-03-30. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Official portal of Torredonjimeno - Governing Team". Torredonjimeno Municipality. 2013-03-30. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Official portal of Torredonjimeno - Police". Torredonjimeno Municipality. 2013-03-30. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- Torredonjimeno - Sistema de Información Multiterritorial de Andalucía
|This article about a location in Andalusia, Spain, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|