|Type of site||Torrent search engine, magnet links provider|
|Launched||August 26, 2010|
|Alexa rank||11220 (January 2014[update])|
TorrentProject is a search engine for BitTorrent files. It indexes only publicly tracked torrents from various sources including the BitTorrent DHT bittorrent network and offers compilations of various trackers per torrent in magnet links that are not necessarily present in the original .torrent file, so that when a tracker is down, other trackers can be used to retrieve peer data. TorrentProject was probably the first torrent search engine to allow by default search inside the files of a torrent not only by torrent title. In 2012 the site has been used by researchers of CERT Polska (Computer Emergency Response Team) to detect an anomaly in the μTorrent network.
The user interface is simple and minimal. The site doesn't have a users database, but allows users to comment anonymously on torrent content.
Web search query can be performed in a simple or an advanced way and the list of results can be filtered by age, size, date, download speed, media type and by "safety" (adult content).
Due to the fact that the site is indexing automatically a large amount of the torrents that exists in the dht-bittorrent network, many of the files could be fakes or executable files may be bind with viruses.
- "TorrentProject.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "General Torrent Sites > torrentproject.com at zeropaid.com". zeropaid.com. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- "General Torrent Sites > torrentproject.com at zeropaid.com". archive.org. 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- "An Anomaly in the μTorrent network". cert.pl. 2012-05-30. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- "REPORT 2012 CERT Polska An analysis of network security incidents". cert.pl. 2013-04-30. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- "REST API at TorrentProject".
- "node.js library for accessing the TorrentProject REST API". GitHub. 2013-07-04.
- "metasearch at TorrentProject".
- "torrent metasearch addon". mozilla.org.