||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|Born||Torrey Joel DeVitto
June 8, 1984
Huntington, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, model, violinist|
|Spouse(s)||Paul Wesley (April 2011-July 2013)|
Torrey Joel Wasilewski (née DeVitto; born June 8, 1984), better known as Torrey DeVitto, is an American actress, former fashion model and musician. She is best known for her role as Psycho Nanny Carrie on One Tree Hill, Melissa Hastings on the ABC Family series Pretty Little Liars and as Maggie Hall on Army Wives.
Torrey Joel DeVitto was raised in Huntington on Long Island, New York and Winter Park, Florida. Her parents are Mary and Liberty DeVitto; her father was a long-time drummer for Billy Joel. On the day of her birth, Joel was performing at the Wembley Arena and made a special note before beginning "The Longest Time" that DeVitto's wife was having a baby, causing a standing ovation for DeVitto, who was playing the drums at the concert. She has two sisters, Devon and Maryelle. Her sister Maryelle was in the TV series Endurance. As a child, DeVitto spent a lot of time touring with her parents.
She attended Fort Salonga Elementary School, part of Kings Park Central School District. At age six, DeVitto took violin lessons and when she was in 4th grade, Torrey earned her place as the 4th chair violinist in a high school band. When DeVitto was 12 years old, she played a solo violin piece at Christie Brinkley and Peter Cook's wedding. After graduating from Winter Park High School in Winter Park, Florida, she spent her summer in Japan working as a model and had earlier spent time in Chicago.
DeVitto started her career by working in commercials, which she described to be a "stepping stone to get to TV and film jobs." She was signed to Ford and Avenue One modeling agencies, but in 2002, she realized her future wasn't in modeling and chose to pursue a career in acting. Staying true to her love of music, in 2002 she played violin with the Tommy Davidson Band at the Sunset Room in Hollywood. She also played violin on Raphael Saadiq's 2004 album, Ray Ray, as well as Stevie Nicks's 2011 album "In Your Dreams."  From that point, DeVitto feels that acting is her "strongest passion and takes precedence over music", but hopes that she "can do more with it in the future."
DeVitto co-starred in ABC Family series Beautiful People as aspiring model Karen Kerr. She also appeared in the 2006 movie sequel I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer as Zoe. She has guest starred on Drake & Josh, Scrubs, Jack & Bobby and had a small part in the short film Forbidden Love. Her movie role debut was in Starcrossed, which tells about brothers, who develop a sexual attraction to one another. Later she played L.A. actress Sierra Young in Heber Holiday and was in the main cast of Green Flash along with David Charvet and Kristin Cavallari. She played Phoebe Hilldale in Killer Movie. She is most notable for her recurring role as Carrie on the CW drama One Tree Hill during seasons five and six. She also made a guest appearance in a CSI: Miami episode, "You May Now Kill the Bride" in 2008.
She was in Will.I.Am's 'Vote Obama' video "We Are The Ones". In 2010, DeVitto was cast as Melissa Hastings in the TV series Pretty Little Liars based on the book series by Sara Shepard. On November 10, 2011, DeVitto was confirmed to be in the TV series The Vampire Diaries as Meredith Fell, a young doctor who is fascinated by Alaric, when she notices how quickly he recovers from an injury. In November 2012, it was reported that she had landed a regular role as Maggie Hall in the seventh season of Army Wives. On September 24th, 2013, Lifetime announced the cancellation of Army Wives, but will honor it with a two hour retrospective special with the cast members set to air in 2014. 
In addition to acting and singing, DeVitto contributes to various humanitarian causes. Recently, she appeared in an ad for PETA to promote virtual dissection in science classes at both the collegiate and secondary-school levels.
DeVitto began dating The Vampire Diaries actor, Paul Wesley in 2007 when they appeared together in Killer Movie. They married in a private ceremony in New York City in April 2011. They filed for divorce in July 2013, planning to end their two-year marriage. The couple "have decided to amicably split. They will continue to remain good friends," Wesley's rep confirmed to People magazine.
|2006||I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer||Zoe Waner||Lead|
|2007||Heber Holiday||Sierra Young||Aka Shooting Star|
|2008||Killer Movie||Phoebe Hilldale|
|Green Flash||Mia Fonseca|
|The Real St. Nick (TV)||Kate|
|2003||Dawson's Creek||Girl #1||Episode 6.19: "Lovelines"|
|Scrubs||Gorgeous Girl with Dog||Episode 3.03: "My White Whale"|
|2004–2005||Drake & Josh||Denise Woods / Tori||3 episodes|
|2005||The King of Queens||Traci||Episode 7.09: "Cologne Ranger"|
|Jack & Bobby||Tiffany||Episode 1.17: "Querida Grace"|
|2005–2006||Beautiful People||Karen Kerr||Main cast (Season 1; 2005–2006; 16 episodes)|
|2006||Runaway||Soccer Coach||Episode 1.08: "End Game" (uncredited)|
|2008||CSI: Miami||Kelly Chapman||Episode 6.14: "You May Now Kill the Bride"|
|One Tree Hill||Carrie||Recurring cast (Seasons 5–6; 16 episodes)|
|2009||Castle||Sierra Goodwin||Episode 2.03: "Inventing the Girl"|
|2010–present||Pretty Little Liars||Melissa Hastings||Recurring cast (Season 1–present)|
|2011||Marcy||Torrey||Episode 1.01: "Marcy Does Yoga"|
|2012–present||The Vampire Diaries||Meredith Fell||Recurring cast (Seasons 3-4; 12 episodes)|
|2013||Army Wives||Maggie Hall||Series regular (season 7; 13 episodes)|
- "Paul Wesley's wife Torrey Devitto took his long last name (Wasilewski)". YouTube. Retrieved November 22, 2012.
- "Biography for Torrey DeVitto". 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2008-05-18.
- Interview with Torrey DeVitto My Fan Base.de. April 25, 2008.
- Torrey DeVitto fan - biography February 20, 2008
- Torrey DeVitto Actor page Movies.yahoo.com
- "Heber Holida movie profile". 2008-04-21. Retrieved 2008-05-18.
- Leighton Meester: Killer Body, Killer Movie premiere Just Jared.com. April 25, 2008.
- "ONE TREE HILL - Torrey DeVitto as Carrie "Racing Like a Pro"". Daemonstv.com. Retrieved 18 May 2008.
- "Pretty Little Lairs Blog-Cast". Archived from the original on 2012-05-30.
- Barrett, Annie (2011-11-09). "'Vampire Diaries' casts Persia White | Inside TV | EW.com". Insidetv.ew.com. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- Bags Hooper (2011-11-10). "Vampire Diaries Gets a Dose of Pretty Little Liars, Torrey DeVitto Signs on to Cast". BuzzFocus.com. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- Andreeva, Nellie (November 30, 2012). "Ashanti, Torrey DeVitto & Elle McLemore Join ‘Army Wives’ As New Series Regulars". Deadline.com. Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- "Torrey DeVitto's PETA Ad - Exclusive". ETonline.com. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "Vampire Diaries' Paul Wesley and actress Torrey DeVitto married! - Life and Style". Lifeandstylemag.com. 2011-04-29. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- Nahas, Aili (July 30 2013). "Paul Wesley and Torrey DeVitto to Divorce". People Magazine. Retrieved August 1 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Torrey DeVitto.|