Torrey Highlands, San Diego
|Torrey Highlands, San Diego|
|Community of San Diego|
Torrey Highlands and neighborhood boundaries
|Country||United States of America|
Torrey Highlands is bordered: to the north by Black Mountain Ranch; to the south by Del Mar Mesa; to the east by Rancho Peñasquitos; to the west by Pacific Highlands Ranch; and to the northwest by Fairbanks Ranch.
The Torrey Highlands Subarea Plan was approved in 1996 by voters and the City Council. The Torrey Highlands Subarea Plan limited dwelling units to no more than 2,600 and designated 50 percent of Torrey Highlands for residential development, 30 percent for parks and open space, 12 percent for schools, 5 percent for commercial, and 3 percent for employment centers.
According to January 2006 estimates by the San Diego Association of Governments, there were 2,401 people and 227 households residing in the neighborhood, which increased 29,912.5% from 8 people and 2 households in 2000. The estimated racial makeup was 58.6% White, 30.5% Asian & Pacific Islander, 5.5% Hispanic, 4.0% from other races, 1.3% African American, and 0.2% American Indian. The median age is 39.9 with 28.2% under the age of 18 and 8.5% over the age of 65. The estimated median household income was $130,086 ($101,899 adjusted for inflation in 1999 dollars); 20.7% of the community made more than $150,000; 63.0% made between $60,000 and $149,999; and 16.3% made less than $60,000.
- The City of San Diego: Torrey Highlands Community Profile
- SANDAG: Torrey Highlands 2006 demographs
- SANDAG: Torrey Highlands 2030 forecast demographs
- Boy Scout Troop 667
- "Torrey Highlands Community Profile". San Diego Government. Retrieved 2007-03-23.
- "Population and Housing Estimates: Torrey Highlands Community Planning Area" (PDF). SANDAG (San Diego Association of Governments). Retrieved 2007-03-23.