From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up torsion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The word torsion may refer to the following:
- In geometry:
- In medicine:
- Of bones, "torsion fracture" is another term for spiral fracture.
- Of organs, torsion refers to twisting, in particular twisting that interrupts the blood supply to that organ, e.g. splenic torsion, ovarian torsion, or testicular torsion.
- Torsion of the digestive tract in some domestic animals:
- In physics and engineering:
- Torsion (mechanics)
- Torsion coefficient
- Torsion pendulum
- Torsion spring or -bar
- Torsion field (pseudoscience), a field alleged to make faster-than-light communication and paranormal phenomena possible, a theory by Russian scientists
- The field used in Einstein–Cartan theory and other alternatives to general relativity that involve torsion of spacetime
- In biology:
- Torsion (gastropod), a developmental feature of all gastropods
- In warfare:
- Torsion siege engine, a kind of catapult
|This disambiguation page lists mathematics articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.