Tosh (Hasidic dynasty)
Tosh (also "Tash"; Hebrew/Yiddish: טאהש) is a Hasidic dynasty originating in Nyirtass, Hungary. Today it is based in Kiryas Tosh, Quebec, Canada, outside of Boisbriand, a suburb of Montreal, Canada. The current leader is Grand Rabbi Meshulam Feish Segal-Loewy (born 1921 in Hungary). Tosher Hasidim have synagogues in the United States in Boro Park, Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Kiryas Joel, and Monsey, as well as in Montreal and in London, England. Tosh is one of the largest Chassidic groups in the world.
The Tosher Rebbe remarried after being widowed for many years. His first wife, Chava (née Weingarten), a direct descendent of Rebbe Elimelech of Lizhensk, was known for her extreme kindness and hospitality as well as her sense of humor. It was said that her kitchen, heart and pocketbook were always open to anyone hungry or in need.
Many of the current Tosher Rebbe's talks have been written down in a series of five books entitled "Avodas Avodah."
- Two of them are Hebrew language books that explain the weekly Torah portions, and Jewish holidays with practical insights into divine service which are subtitled: Dibros Kodesh.
- Two of them are Yiddish language books that explain the weekly Torah portions, and the Jewish holidays with practical insights into divine service which are entitled: Imros Kodesh.
- Another is mostly in Hebrew, but has Yiddish segments. It is a compilation of addresses that the Tosher Rebbe has made regarding the Yahrzeit (day of passing) of a large number of Jewish holy men, arranged according to the Jewish calendar. It is subtitled Sichos Kodesh.
The Tosh Dynasty
The first Tosher Rebbe was Grand Rabbi Meshulam Feish Segal-Loewy, a disciple of Rabbi Yitschok Ayzik of Komarno, author of Heichal HaBrocho. Rabbi Yitschok Ayzik was a disciple of Rabbi Tzvi Hirsh of Zidichov, a disciple of the Chozeh of Lublin. The Chozeh was a disciple of Rebbe Elimelech of Lizhensk, author of Noam Elimelech. The Rebbe Elimelech was a disciple of the Rebbe Dovber, the Maggid (Preacher) of Mezeritch, the primary disciple of the Baal Shem Tov, the founder of Hasidism.
- Grand Rabbi Meshulam Feish Segal-Loewy of Tosh - disciple of the Heichal HaBrocho.
- Grand Rabbi Elimelech Segal-Loewy of Tosh - son of Rebbe Meshulam Feish.
- Grand Rabbi Mordechai Segal-Loewy of Demecser - son of Rebbe Elimelech of Tosh.
- Grand Rabbi Meshulam Feish Segal-Loewy (Lowy) of Tosh - present Grand Rebbe of Tosh - son of Rebbe Mordechai of Demetsche and his wife Tzirl.
- Kiryas Tash
- Hatzolah of Kiryas Tosh
- Welcome to Tosh
- The Tusher Rebbe
- Picture Collection of Tosher Rebbe
- Video Clip: Tosher Rebbe baking matzah passover 2007