||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
|Type||Public (Tokyo Stock Exchange: )|
|Key people||Kenichi Udagawa, President|
|Products||Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Specialty materials|
|Revenue||¥668.5 Billion JPY(Year ending March 31, 2013)|
|Net income||¥16.9 Billion JPY(Year ending March 31, 2013)|
Tosoh Corporation (東ソー株式会社 Tōsō Kabushiki-gaisha ) is a global chemical and specialty materials company. The company was originally founded in 1935 in Yamaguchi Perfecture, Japan. Today, its corporate headquarters are in Tokyo, Japan. The company is listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE ticker TOS4042). Initially a major manufacturer of Chlor-alkali and petrochemical commodities and feedstocks, the Tosoh Group today collectively produces other kinds of products including but not limited to electrolytic managenese dioxide (EMD), specialty polymers, fine chemicals, scientific instrumentation, thin-film materials (sputtering targets (sputtering deposition), and silica glass (quartz) and fabricated silica glass . The Tosoh Group globally comprises more than 130 companies, which include manufacturing facilities and sales/marketing offices.
Tosoh was founded in 1935 as Toyo Soda Manufacturing Co., Ltd. The company's name changed to Tosoh Corporation in 1987.
Tosoh Corporation is divided into 13 business divisions that are organized in 4 groups; Petrochemical, Chlor-alkali, Speciality Engineering. A fifth group, Other, primarily comprises logistics, construction, engineering support, and other services. Below are the 5 groups including some of the products they produce:
Petrochemical Group Divisions:
- Olefins (ethylene, propylene and polypropylene, tert-Butanol, aromatics)
- Polymers (LDPE, LLDPE, HPDE, synthetic rubber, polychloroprene rubber, etc.)
Chlor-Alkali Group Divisions:
- Basic Chemicals (calcium hypochlorite, caustic soda (sodium hydroxide), chlorinated paraffins, sodium bicarb, vinyl chloride monomer, polyvinylchloride)
- Methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI)
- Cement (Portaland cement, blast-furnace slag cement, fly ash cement)
Specialty Group Divisions:
- Organic Chemicals (organic intermediates, ethyleneamines, flame retardants, polyurethane catalysts, benzyl alcohol, hydrocarbon based solvents, piperazine, sodium styrene sulfonate, BCP)
- Advanced Materials (silica glass, sputtering deposition targets, zeolites, zirconia injection mold and grinding media, battery materials, silica, )
- Bioscience (automated immunoassay and glycohemoglobin analyzers, high-performance liquid chromatogarpy (HPLC), molecular analyzers, chromatographic resins, size-exclusion chromatography instruments, laboratory automation solutions and services, reagents, )
The Specialty Group focuses on products for high-technology industries including semiconductors, consumer electronics, pharmaceuticals and health care.
Engineering Group Divisions:
- Water Treatment
Other Services Group Divisions:
- Analytical Services
- Information Technology
- Personnel Management