|Genres||R&B, Hip hop soul|
|Years active||1994–2000, 2012–present|
|Past members||Keisha Spivey|
Total is an American R&B girl group and one of the signature acts of Jahill Armand' Brookdale Entertainment imprint during the 1990s. The group consisted of members Kima & Vita Raynor, Keisha Spivey, and Pamela Long. Total is best known for their hits Kissing You, Can't You See feat. The Notorious B.I.G & Trippin feat. Missy Elliott.
Emergence and Total
New Jersey R&B trio Total made their first appearance singing the hook on The Notorious B.I.G.'s debut single, "Juicy". Garnering attention for the new group, they were also featured on the original version and "Hip Hop Remix" of his next single "One More Chance". They then immediately hit the studio with Bad Boy Records CEO Sean "Puffy" Combs and began work on their debut album. The first single "Can't You See?" first appeared on the soundtrack to 1995 motion picture "New Jersey Drive". The song featured The Notorious B.I.G. and peaked at #13 on the Billboard Hot 100 as well as #2 on the R&B Chart. Their self-titled debut album was released nearly a year after the single. Total produced two more R&B top ten singles, "No One Else" (and its remix featuring Foxy Brown, Lil' Kim and Da Brat) and '"Kissing You" (and its remix featuring Sean "Puffy" Combs). The album was certified platinum by the RIAA.
Guest appearances and Kima, Keisha, and Pam
While recording their second album, they appeared on numerous top ten singles, including LL Cool J's "Loungin'/Who Do U Love?", Foxy Brown's "I Can't", and Mase's "What You Want" and Pamela Long was the feature on the massive hit "Hypnotize" by The Notorious B.I.G.. The group also released another single, the Missy Elliott and Timbaland track "What About Us?" from the Soul Food soundtrack.
Their follow-up album, Kima, Keisha, and Pam, debuted to strong reviews, sales, and was certified gold by the RIAA. The first single, another Missy Elliott collaboration, "Trippin'", reached the top ten of the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. Their next release, "Sitting Home", which made Top 10 of the Billboard R&B Singles did not garner the same attention. While in heavy rotation on video networks like BET, radio chose not to play the song. A remix of the track featured rap artist Shyne.
After the release of Kima, Keisha, and Pam, the girls sang the chorus to rap duo Gang Starr's 1999 single "Discipline" and in 2000 they were featured on the Tony Touch single "(I Wonder Why) He's the Greatest DJ". They also contributed to the songs "Crave" to 3 Strikes and the songs "Quick Rush" to Bait movie soundtrack.
In 2014, Total joined concert promoters On The Rocks Entertainment Enterprise to produce a comeback concert that is scheduled to kick off on March 22, 2014 in New York City.
- September 20, 2013 Pamela announced her marriage to singer J. Long. From 2008-2011 J.Long was a part of the r&b/hip hop group Pretty Ricky. September 29, 2013 Pamela released a single produced & written by J.Long entitled "Sweet Thang". Pamela is currently working on a new album entitled Undeniable scheduled for release sometime in 2014.
- Pamela Long attended The 2012 BET Awards, alongside her manager Zion of Legacy Management.
- Long's debut single "By Myself" off her debut solo album Undeniable is currently available for download on iTunes.
- Keisha Spivey married actor Omar Epps in 2006 and is living in California. They have two children together, daughter K'marie Epps (July 2004) and son Amir Epps (Dec 2007), as well as Epps' daughter Aiyanna Epps from a previous relationship.
- Kima featuring her sister, rapper Vita, called "What U Want," Dyson, and they reside in Monmouth Junction
- From Total (1996)
- No One Else
- No One Else (Puff Daddy Remix)
- Kissin' You
- Kissin' You / Oh Honey
- Can't You See
- Can't You See (Bad Boy Remix)
- Do You Think About Us
- From Kima, Keisha, and Pam (1998)
- Sitting Home
- From Soul Food (soundtrack) (1997)
- What About Us? (1997)
- As Guest Artists
- Craig Mack - Flava In Ya Ear (Remix) (Keisha from Total) (1994)
- The Notorious B.I.G. - One More Chance/Stay With Me (1994)
- Soul For Real - Every Little Thing I Do (1995)
- 112 - Only You - Bad Boy Remix (Keisha from Total) (1996)
- Missy Elliott - The Rain (Supa Supa Fly) (1997)
- Jerome - Too Old For Me (Keisha from Total) (1997)
- Lil' Kim - Not Tonight (Remix) (1997)
- The Lox - We'll Always Love Big Poppa (1998)
- The Bad Boy Family - You (2001) [Featuring Pam & Keisha]
- Rogers, Jazmine Denise. "Pam Long From 90′s R&B Group Total Weds Former Pretty Ricky Singer, J.Long". article. madamenoire.com. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Remember Pam From TOTAL? She's Now MARRIED To "Unofficial" Pretty Ricky Member J.Long". article. theybf.com. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "iTunes - Music - ByMySelf - Single by Pamela Long". Itunes.apple.com. 2012-07-27. Retrieved 2013-12-05.