Total Quality Logistics
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013)|
|Founded||Cincinnati, Ohio (1997)|
|Headquarters||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States|
|Key people||Ken Oaks, CEO|
|Revenue||$2.15 billion (2014)|
Total Quality Logistics is a third-party logistics provider. TQL provides domestic freight transportation and logistics services. It is currently the second largest freight brokerage firm in North America.
Total Quality Logistics was founded in 1997 by Ken Oaks in the city of Cincinnati, Ohio. TQL is a third-party logistics provider (3PL) primarily serving the produce, food, and general commodities industries with full truckload (TL) and less-than-truckload (LTL) services.
TQL is the second largest freight brokerage firm in North America, as ranked by Transport Topics magazine in its annual list of Top 50 Logistics companies in North America. The company employs more than 2,800 professionals who facilitate the movement of more than 815,000 shipments per year. TQL logistics account executives are responsible for identifying shippers who need assistance moving freight, finding quality carriers to haul that freight, negotiating rates, and satisfying shippers’ delivery needs.
TQL is performance certified by the Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA). The TIA is the professional trade organization of brokers, freight forwarders, and 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) providers.
TQL delivered approximately 3,500 different types of commodities in 2013, including fresh fruits and vegetables, meat and poultry, building supplies, machinery and equipment, and more. TQL specializes in time-sensitive products, temperature-controlled shipments, and cross-border moves through Canada.
Ken Oaks started the company in 1997 and has remained the CEO.
In addition to its Cincinnati headquarters, TQL operates 26 sales offices in ten states across the country and has been listed by Inc. magazine for the past two years among America's top private business job creators.
TQL uses proprietary technology to enable tracking, communication, and processing to both carriers and shippers.
- TQL Carrier Dashboard , allows carriers to search for TQL loads and set up alerts to notify them when loads they want to haul become available,
- TQL Freight Finder , allows carriers and owner/operators to find available TQL loads by type, mileage radius, destination and equipment type,
- TQL Trax , allows shippers to look up specified loads by PO# and track its status, as well as communicate with their account executive.
TQL has donated more than $2.4 million to charitable organizations across the country in the past three years. TQL focuses its social investments on children and youth, education, and health and community.
- Moves that Matter - TQL employees, customers, or carriers can request a donation of funds to a 501(c)(3) organization that he/she has worked with to deliver a load. Recipients include the Society of St. Andrew in Nashville, TN, Feeding America, and Where Angels Play foundation honoring the victims of the Sandy Hook tragedy. Donations are chosen and awarded monthly.
- Memorial Day Fundraiser - TQL has raised more than $72,000 to support the men and women in uniform through its annual campaign in which $1 for every load moved during a week in May is donated to the Yellow Ribbon Support Foundation.
- Loads for a Cure - TQL's annual fundraiser for the American Cancer Society and Making Strides against Breast Cancer that has raised more than $76,000 for research programs.
Commitment to the Environment
TQL is a member of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) SmartWay Transport Partnership, a voluntary private-public initiative that aims to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions from the United States' freight transportation sector.
In the Workplace
- One of the "50 Best Companies to Sell for" by Selling Power Magazine (2011-2014) 
- Inc. Magazine Hire Power Awards and one of the fastest growing companies in America (2012-2013) 
- 50 Most Engaged Workplaces (2013) 
- Top Workplaces Cincinnati 
- Top Workplaces Columbus 
- Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for (2013-2014) 
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay (2011-2014) 
- Top Workplaces in Indianapolis (2013-2014) 
TQL has been recognized with many industry awards in the past few years.
- Armstrong & Associates Top 30 Domestic Transportation Managers/Freight Brokers (2012)
- Armstrong & Associates Who's Who in Logistics (2008 - 20014) 
- Transport Topics Top 50 Logistics Companies (2011 - 2013) 
- Food Logistics Top 100 3PL and Cold Storage Providers (2011 - 2014) 
- Eye for Transport North American 3PL Award (2014) 
- CargoNet Best in Cargo Security (2013) 
- Inc. 500|5000 List ten-time honoree (2004-2014)