Total Quality Logistics
|Founded||Cincinnati, Ohio (1997)|
|Headquarters||Union Township, Ohio, United States
(Cincinnati mailing address)
|Ken Oaks, CEO|
|Revenue||$2.15 billion (2014)|
Number of employees
Total Quality Logistics is a third-party logistics provider. TQL provides domestic freight transportation and logistics services. It is currently the second largest freight brokerage firm in North America.
Total Quality Logistics was founded in 1997 by Ken Oaks in the city of Cincinnati, Ohio. Oaks remains the CEO. TQL is a third-party logistics provider (3PL) primarily serving the produce, food, and general commodities industries with full truckload (TL) and less-than-truckload (LTL) services.
According to Transport Topics magazine, TQL was ranked as the second largest freight brokerage firm in North America, as of 2014. The company has more than 2,800 employees, and facilitates more than 815,000 shipments per year. The company's brokers works on a commission basis, and the company recruits mainly from recent college graduates.
In addition to its Cincinnati headquarters, TQL operates 26 sales offices in ten other states.
"Moves that Matter"
TQL employees, customers, or carriers can request a donation of funds to a 501(c)(3) organization that he/she has worked with to deliver a load. Recipients include the Society of St. Andrew in Nashville, TN, Feeding America, and Where Angels Play foundation honoring the victims of the Sandy Hook tragedy.
Commitment to the Environment
TQL is a member of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) SmartWay Transport Partnership, a voluntary private-public initiative that aims to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions from the United States' freight transportation sector.
In the Workplace
- Inc. Magazine Hire Power Awards and one of the fastest growing companies in America (2012-2013) 
- 50 Most Engaged Workplaces (2013) 
- Top Workplaces Cincinnati 
- Top Workplaces Columbus 
- Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for (2013-2014) 
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay (2011-2014) 
- Top Workplaces in Indianapolis (2013-2014) 
- "Transport Topics Top 25 Listings: Brokerage Firms, Warehousing Firms, Dedicated Contract Carriers and Freight Forwarders". Transportation Topics. 19 November 2014. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- Pofeldt, Elaine (November 2013). "Hiring Rule #1: Slackers Need Not Apply". Inc. Retrieved 14 February 2015.