From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up totem in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A totem is an entity that watches over or assists a group of people.
Totem may also refer to:
- Totem pole, a monumental sculpture carved from trees
Arts and entertainment
- Tótem, an Uruguayan band formed in the early 1970s
- Totem (Zazie album), 2007
- Totem (Nazxul album), 1995
- Totem (Cirque du Soleil) a show premiering in Montréal in May 2010
- Totem (Paluzzi), a sculpture by artist Rinaldo Paluzzi
- Totems (video game), a video game for the Xbox 360 and PC
- The Totem, a novel by David Morrell
- "Totem", a song on the 1996 Rush album Test for Echo
- Totem (film), a 1999 film
- An object that allows the user to distinguish dreams from reality in the 2010 film Inception
Science and technology
- TOTEM, an experiment at the CERN Large Hadron Collider
- Totem (software), a free software media player for GNOME
- Totem Acoustic, a Montreal, Canada-based manufacturer of loudspeaker systems
- TOTEM (cogeneratore)
Military and espionage
- The TOTEM network was a means of coordinating discovery of those Eastern Bloc agents which had been identified.
- TOTEM, along with TALLY, were two RAND Corporation programs for wargaming.
- Kostin, S., & Raynaud, É. (2011). Farewell. Amazonencore. ISBN 978-1611090260
- Wolton, T., & Chalet, M. (1990). Les Visiteurs de l'ombre. Grasset. ISBN 978-2246434412
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.