Touch (The Supremes song)
|Single by The Supremes|
|from the album Touch|
|B-side||"It's So Hard for Me to Say Good-bye"|
|Released||September 7, 1971|
|The Supremes singles chronology|
It was the title track of the group's fourteenth studio album of the same name. It was the first single in which sole original Supremes member Mary Wilson had a lead vocal on a released Supremes single. Cindy Birdsong also sings lead toward the end of the song.
The single, upon release, peaked at number 71 on the Billboard Hot 100 becoming the first post-Diana Ross Supremes song to do so. It was also the last single in which Frank Wilson would serve as producer.
This single would later be covered two years later by The Jackson 5 as the b-side to their single "Hallelujah Day", with almost no changes to the lyrics, lead singer Michael Jackson was only fourteen at the time he recorded the song for the Skywriter album.
- Lead and background vocals by Jean Terrell, Mary Wilson, and Cindy Birdsong
- Additional background vocals by The Blackberries
- Produced by Frank Wilson
- Instrumentation by The Funk Brothers
Jackson 5 version
- Lead vocals by Michael Jackson and Jermaine Jackson
- Background vocals by Jackie Jackson, Tito Jackson and Marlon Jackson
- Produced by Hal Davis