Vol.14 of the Touch bunkoban, showing Tatsuya and Minami.
|Genre||Comedy, Romance, Sports (baseball)|
|Written by||Mitsuru Adachi|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Sunday|
|Original run||1981 – 1986|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Hiroko Tokita|
|Studio||Group TAC, Studio Gallop|
|Network||Fuji TV, Animax|
|Original run||March 24, 1985 – March 22, 1987|
|Touch: Sebangō no Nai Ace|
|Directed by||Gisaburō Sugii|
|Written by||Yūjin Harada, Satoshi Namiki, Gisaburō Sugii|
|Music by||Hiroaki Serizawa|
|Released||April 12, 1986|
|Touch 2: Sayonara no Okurimono|
|Directed by||Naoto Hashimoto|
|Written by||Tomoko Konbaru|
|Music by||Hiroaki Serizawa|
|Released||December 13, 1986|
|Touch 3: Kimi ga Tōri Sugita Ato ni|
|Directed by||Akinori Takaoka|
|Written by||Yumiko Takahashi, Gisaburō Sugii|
|Music by||Hiroaki Serizawa|
|Released||April 11, 1987|
|Live-action television film|
|Directed by||Yoshiharu Ueki|
|Written by||Satoshi Kurumi|
|Released||June 1, 1987|
|Runtime||about 80 minutes|
|Anime television film|
|Touch: Miss Lonely Yesterday|
|Directed by||Akinori Nagaoka|
|Written by||Tomoko Konbaru|
|Music by||Hiroaki Serizawa|
|Released||December 11, 1998|
|Anime television film|
|Touch: Cross Road|
|Directed by||Akinori Nagaoka|
|Written by||Tomoko Konbaru|
|Music by||Hiroaki Serizawa|
|Released||February 9, 2001|
|Directed by||Isshin Inudo|
|Written by||Yukiko Yamamura|
|Music by||Suguru Matsutani|
|Released||September 10, 2005|
Touch (タッチ Tatchi?) ("tûch") is a Japanese high school baseball manga by Mitsuru Adachi. It was originally serialized in the weekly manga magazine Shōnen Sunday from 1981–1986. The manga was also adapted into a 101-episode anime TV series—which was one of the highest-rated anime television series ever—three theatrical anime movies which summarized the TV series, two anime TV specials which take place after the events in the TV series, a live-action TV drama special, and a live-action movie released in 2005. Touch was one of the winners of the 1983 Shogakukan Manga Award for shōnen or shōjo manga, along with Adachi's Miyuki.
- Tatsuya Uesugi (上杉 達也 Uesugi Tatsuya?)
- The main character. The elder of the Uesugi twins. Seemingly selfish and lazy, Tatsuya's main quality is his altruistic nature. Naturally athletic, he lets his younger brother progress further than him in baseball so Meisei would win the Koushien fulfilling their childhood dream. Like Kazuya, he loves Minami Asakura, the girl next door and their childhood friend. However, in the field of love, he too cedes to his younger brother, telling everyone that they are meant to be despite his broken heart. After Kazuya's death, he joins the Baseball club as their ace pitcher. Voiced by: Yūji Mitsuya
- Kazuya Uesugi (上杉 和也 Uesugi Kazuya?)
- The younger of the Uesugi twins. Serious and hard working, he is the complete opposite of his older brother. His pitching skills and perfect grades makes him the favorite of his parents who despite his young age, conspire to get him and Minami to marry. His good looks makes him popular with the girls at school, which irks Tatsuya. Though not as naturally athletic as Tatsuya, Kazuya had work hard to hone his skills since an early age. Like his brother, Kazuya is in love with Minami. He suspects early on that Minami is in love with Tatsuya but even when figuring it out to be the truth, he still refuses to give her up. He hopes to take her to the Koushien and win, fulfilling their dream. But on the day of the finals, he dies due to an accident. Voiced by: Keiichi Nanba
- Minami Asakura (浅倉 南 Asakura Minami?)
- The Uesugi twins' neighbour and childhood friend. An intelligent and active student who has to help her father with house chores and at the family coffee shop since her mother died at a young age. Minami is a pretty girl who is popular at school and the object of desire for both the Uesugi twins. Although her widower father and Mr. and Mrs. Uesugi often pair Minami and Kazuya to be married, her heart truly lies with Tatsuya. Despite that, she is more often seen with Kazuya and actively supports him on the road to the Koushien which makes everyone think that Minami is actually in love with Kazuya, the star pitcher. Like Tatsuya, she is also naturally talented in sports. Voiced by: Noriko Hidaka
- Shingo Uesugi (上杉 信悟 Uesugi Shingo?); Haruko Uesugi (上杉 晴子 Uesugi Haruko?)
- Tatsuya and Kazuya's parents. Always seen flirting and teasing with each other despite the boys' presence. Mr. Uesugi sometimes puts on a straight face, usually to tell off Kazuya but soon turns back to teasing with his wife. Mrs. Uesugi is always seen smiling, sometimes giggling behind her hand. They live very carefree lives, often at the cost of their sons.
- Punch (パンチ Panchi?)
- Punch is the Uesugi family Samoyed. (Shingo, Punch) Voiced by: Shigeru Chiba, (Haruko) Voiced by: Kazue Komiya
- Toshio Asakura (浅倉 俊夫 Asakura Toshio?)
- Minami's father and owner of the Minami Kaze ("South/Southern Wind") coffee shop. A widower, his wife died when Minami was very young. Despite of that, he maintains an upbeat, positive attitude especially when seeing Minami and Kazuya together, hoping that they would soon marry. During match days, he would either watch Meisei's team at the stadium or watch them on the coffee shop's TV if the match is broadcast. Mr. Asakura is also an occasional baseball player. Voiced by: Hiroshi Masuoka (voice actor)
- Kōtarō Matsudaira (松平 孝太郎 Matsudaira Kōtarō?)
- Meisei's catcher. He is Kazuya's best friend and is always paired with him. Voiced by: Shōzō Hayashiya (9th)
- Shōhei Harada (原田 正平 Harada Shōhei?)
- A big, intimidating schoolmate at Meisei. Despite his appearance and gruff attitude, Harada frequently gives Tatsuya sound advice on various matters, and at times shows he genuinely cares about his well being. Voiced by: Banjō Ginga
- Akio Nitta (新田 明男 Nitta Akio?)
- A star slugger for Sumi Tech, the runner-up team at Koshien. Akio became seriously devoted to baseball when he played against Kazuya in middle school. He has a mild crush on Minami, and is a friend of Harada's during junior high when he was a delinquent.Voiced by: Kazuhiko Inoue
- Yuka Nitta (新田 由加 Nitta Yuka?)
- Akio's little sister, she is unusually close to her brother, and somewhat immature besides. She enters Meisei under the pretense of spying for her brother, but seems to develop a schoolgirl crush on Tatsuya. Nevertheless, she is very good at observing and analyzing baseball players. Voiced by: Miina Tominaga
- Isami Nishimura (西村 勇 Nishimura Isami?)
- A somewhat conceited pitcher who overestimates his worth in the story. He has a decent curve ball, but is not considered a threat by any of the main characters. He is easily forgotten and ignored, but considers Akio Nitta to be his only rival. Voiced by: Ryūsei Nakao
- Eijirō Kashiwaba (柏葉 英二郎 Kashiwaba Eijirō?)
- A substitute coach, hired under coach Nishio's recommendation. A brutal coach with a Spartan attitude, on his first day, he fires Minami as manager and ruthlessly beats Tatsuya, Nishimura, and anyone who slacks off on the team. Because of him, the entire team works much harder, but lose their enjoyment of the game, causing many to quit. He holds a grudge against Meisei's baseball team because of some events that occurred when he attended. Voiced by: Hideyuki Tanaka
- Shigenori Nishio (西尾 茂則 Nishio Shigenori?)
- Coach of the Meisei High team. He becomes ill in the brothers' senior year, and must stay in the hospital for its entirety. He assigns an interim coach, Eijiro Kashiwaba, to fill his position, touting him as a "kind, gentle man who loves baseball from the bottom of his heart." The players find, however, that Kashiwaba is not like this at all, much to their chagrin. Coach Nishio returns much later, after nearly a full season has passed. Voiced by: Kōichi Kitamura
- Sachiko Nishio (西尾 佐知子 Nishio Sachiko?)
- Daughter of Coach Nishio, and manager for the Meisei High team. She befriends Minami, and encourages her to also become a team manager. She is the girlfriend of Meisei's former ace, Kuroki, and both she and he see prospective talent in Kazuya's older brother, Tatsuya, and they try to recruit him to the baseball team. Voiced by: Hiromi Tsuru
- Takeshi Kuroki (黒木 武 Kuroki Takeshi?)
- Upperclassman of Kazuya who initially scouts him out, and finds his pitching incredible enough to recommend that he starts as Meisei's ace in his own place the following year. Afterwards, he moves to third base. He and his girlfriend Sachiko, who also happens to be the team manager, see talent in Tatsuya as well as Kazuya, and constantly try to get him to try out for the team. Voiced by: Kaneto Shiozawa
- Takeshi Yoshida (吉田 剛 Yoshida Takeshi?)
- Transfer student to Meisei High who initially idolizes the older brother, Tatsuya, but eventually becomes bitter because he felt he is a better pitcher than Tatsuya if given the same chance. He then swears to be Tatsuya's enemy, and turns from a kind and pleasant young man into a vengeful and rude curmudgeon. He became distrustful of those who are close to Tatsuya, believing them to be playing favoritism and he wasn't completely wrong. He challenged Tatsuya for the position of the team's ace pitcher but before the match started, he had to move to South America due to his father's job. Voiced by: Yoku Shioya → Voiced by: Ryō Horikawa
- Eiichirō Kashiwaba (柏葉 英一郎 Kashiwaba Eiichirō?)
- The brother of Eijirō, and the one who Coach Nishio thought he was hiring. Voiced by: Kenji Utsumi
The series was collected in 26 tankōbon volumes. It has been reissued in 11 wideban volumes, 14 bunkoban volumes, and then again in 17 "perfect edition" volumes in the original magazine size with color inserts.
- Volume 1, December 1981, ISBN 4-09-120651-4
- Volume 2, March 1982, ISBN 4-09-120652-2
- Volume 3, July 1982, ISBN 4-09-120653-0
- Volume 4, October 1982, ISBN 4-09-120654-9
- Volume 5, January 1983, ISBN 4-09-120655-7
- Volume 6, April 1983, ISBN 4-09-120656-5
- Volume 7, July 1983, ISBN 4-09-120657-3
- Volume 8, October 1983, ISBN 4-09-120658-1
- Volume 9, December 1983, ISBN 4-09-120659-X
- Volume 10, May 1984, ISBN 4-09-120660-3
- Volume 11, July 1984, ISBN 4-09-121131-3
- Volume 12, September 1984, ISBN 4-09-121132-1
- Volume 13, November 1984, ISBN 4-09-121133-X
- Volume 14, December 1984, ISBN 4-09-121134-8
- Volume 15, January 1985, ISBN 4-09-121133-X
- Volume 16, April 1985, ISBN 4-09-121136-4
- Volume 17, June 1985, ISBN 4-09-121137-2
- Volume 18, September 1985, ISBN 4-09-121138-0
- Volume 19, October 1985, ISBN 4-09-121139-9
- Volume 20, December 1985, ISBN 4-09-121140-2
- Volume 21, April 1986, ISBN 4-09-121451-7
- Volume 22, May 1986, ISBN 4-09-121452-5
- Volume 23, August 1986, ISBN 4-09-121453-3
- Volume 24, October 1986, ISBN 4-09-121454-1
- Volume 25, November 1986, ISBN 4-09-121455-X
- Volume 26, January 1987, ISBN 4-09-121456-8
- Volume 1, May 1992, ISBN 4-09-123741-X
- Volume 2, July 1992, ISBN 4-09-123742-8
- Volume 3, February 1992, ISBN 4-09-123743-6
- Volume 4, November 1992, ISBN 4-09-123744-4
- Volume 5, January 1993, ISBN 4-09-123745-2
- Volume 6, March 1993, ISBN 4-09-123746-0
- Volume 7, May 1993, ISBN 4-09-123747-9
- Volume 8, July 1993, ISBN 4-09-123748-7
- Volume 9, September 1993, ISBN 4-09-123749-5
- Volume 10, November 1993, ISBN 4-09-123750-9
- Volume 11, January 1994, ISBN 4-09-123751-7
- Volume 1, April 1999, ISBN 4-09-193251-7
- Volume 2, April 1999, ISBN 4-09-193252-5
- Volume 3, April 1999, ISBN 4-09-193253-3
- Volume 4, May 1999, ISBN 4-09-193254-1
- Volume 5, June 1999, ISBN 4-09-193255-X
- Volume 6, July 1999, ISBN 4-09-193256-8
- Volume 7, August 1999, ISBN 4-09-193257-6
- Volume 8, October 1999, ISBN 4-09-193258-4
- Volume 9, October 1999, ISBN 4-09-193259-2
- Volume 10, November 1999, ISBN 4-09-193260-6
- Volume 11, December 1999, ISBN 4-09-193261-4
- Volume 12, January 2000, ISBN 4-09-193262-2
- Volume 13, February 2000, ISBN 4-09-193263-0
- Volume 14, March 2000, ISBN 4-09-193264-9
- Volume 1, June 2005, ISBN 4-09-127841-8
- Volume 2, June 2005, ISBN 4-09-127842-6
- Volume 3, June 2005, ISBN 4-09-127843-4
- Volume 4, July 2005, ISBN 4-09-127844-2
- Volume 5, July 2005, ISBN 4-09-127845-0
- Volume 6, July 2005, ISBN 4-09-127846-9
- Volume 7, 8 August 2005, ISBN 4-09-127847-7
- Volume 8, 8 August 2005, ISBN 4-09-127848-5
- Volume 9, 8 August 2005, ISBN 4-09-127849-3
- Volume 10, 2 September 2005, ISBN 4-09-127850-7
- Volume 11, 2 September 2005, ISBN 4-09-127861-2
- Volume 12, 2 September 2005, ISBN 4-09-127862-0
My First Wide
- Tatchan and Katchan (タッちゃんとカッちゃん Tatchan to Katchan?) (vol.1), June 2002, ISBN 4-09-162134-1
- Though We've Made It to High School (高等部へきたけれど Kōtōbu e Kita Keredo?) (vol.2), June 2002, ISBN 4-09-162135-X
- Twin Princes (双子の王子 Futago no Ōji?) (vol.3), June 2002, ISBN 4-09-162136-8
- A Walk or a Strikeout (四球か三振 Shikyū ka Sanshin?) (vol.4), July 2002, ISBN 4-09-162155-4
- Touch: The Last Scene Once Again (タッチ もうひとつのラストシーン Tatchi: Mō Hitotsu no Rasuto Shīn?), 5 August 2005, ISBN 4-09-408045-7
- Touch: Mitsuru Adachi Selected Original Works Collection (タッチ―あだち充自選複製原画集 Tatchi: Adachi Mitsuru Jisen Fukusei Genga Shū?), November 1986, ISBN 4-09-199591-8
The anime series of Touch premiered on 24 March 1985, and ran until 22 March 1987, comprising 101 episodes in total. It was one of the highest-rated anime television shows ever in Japan, with episodes consistently rated 30+ percentage points during parts of its run. In a 2005 poll by TV Asahi of the top 100 animated television series, Touch was ranked 9th.
|#||Title||Original air date|
|1||"No matter what everybody says, we're twins!"
(誰がなんと言おーとオレたち双子です!! Dare ga nanto iō to oretachi futago desu!!)
|March 24, 1985|
|2||"Women's intuition! Worried about Tatsuya's talent"
(女の直感!チョッチ気になる達也の才能 Onna no chokkan! Chotchi kininaru Tatsuya no sainō)
|March 31, 1985|
|3||"Unexpectedly pitching for the first time! Kazuya's troublesome name!?"
(思わず初登板!和也の名前でお騒がせ!? Omowazu hatsutouban! Kazuya no namae de osawagase!?)
|April 7, 1985|
|4||"Did you see? Didn't you see?! Minami's diary!"
(見たか?見ないか!?南の日記!! Mita ka? Minai ka? Minami no nikki!!)
|April 14, 1985|
|5||"High fever rally race! Such an accurate goal!?"
(熱血バトンタッチ!ゴールは正確にネ!? Nekketsu baton tatchi! Gōru wa seikaku ni ne!?)
|April 21, 1985|
|6||"The rumour's true!? Minami & Kazuya's worried families"
(ウワサは本当!?南と和也の気になる関係 Uwasa wa hontō!? Minami to Kazuya no kininaru kankei)
|April 28, 1985|
|7||"Really! Tatsuya and Minami's wedding clothes!?"
(えッホント!!達也と南が結婚しちゃう!? E honto!! Tatsuya to Minami ga kekkon shichau!?)
|May 5, 1985|
|8||"Tatsuya in a fight! The truth at the brother showdown"
(達也打ちます!!ホンキで兄弟対決!? Tatsuya uchimasu!! Honki de kyōdai taiketsu)
|May 12, 1985|
|9||"Tatsuya and Harada's dangerous friendship!"
(達也と原田クンのア·ブ·ナ·イ友情! Tatsuya to Harada-kun no abunai yūjō!)
|May 19, 1985|
|10||"Everyone in the high school is worried!"
(みんな悩んで気分はすっかり高校生デス! Minna nayande kibun wa sukkari kōkōsei desu!)
|May 26, 1985|
|11||"Come on, baseball team! A subtle shift in Tatsuya's heart!"
(来たれ野球部!微妙に揺れる達也の心!! Kitare yakyūbu! Bimyō ni yureru Tatsuya no kokoro!!)
|June 2, 1985|
|12||"First practice! Vigorous Kazuya & worn-out Tatsuya!?"
(初練習!ハツラツ和也とヨレヨレ達也!? Hatsu renshū! Hatsuratsu Kazuya to yoreyore Tatsuya!?)
|June 9, 1985|
|13||"Kazuya's worried! Dear Kōtarō's slump"
(和也心配です!恋のスランプ孝太郎くん Kazuya shinpai desu! Koi no suranpu Kōtarō-kun)
|June 16, 1985|
|14||"Discontent? Minami & Kazuya are the best couple!?"
(不満です?南と和也はベストカップル!? Fuman desu? Minami to Kazuya wa besuto kappuru!?)
|June 23, 1985|
|15||"This is trouble! Tatsuya slapped Minami!"
(これは事件です!達也が南を平手打ち!! Kore wa jiken desu! Tatsuya ga Minami o hirateuchi!!)
|June 30, 1985|
|16||"It's painful! Kazuya's heart is lemon-colored!"
(せつないネ!和也のハートはレモン色! Setsunai ne! Kazuya no hāto wa remon iro!)
|July 7, 1985|
|17||"First kiss! Too much love from Minami!?"
(ファースト·キス!南より愛をこめて!? fāsuto kisu! Minami yori ai o komete!?)
|July 14, 1985|
|18||"Tatsuya's feelings are a little complex!"
(達也の気持ちはちょっとフクザツです! Tatsuya no kimochi wa chotto fukuzatsu desu!)
|July 21, 1985|
|19||"Forget, forget-me-not!? Important memories for two"
(忘れたい忘れない!?二人の大事な思い出 Wasuretai wasurenai!? Futari no daiji na omoide)
|August 4, 1985|
|20||"What should he do? Tatsuya's tender chance encounter!"
(どーするの?達也の優しさすれちがい!! Dōsuru no? Tatsuya no yasashisa surechigai!!)
|August 11, 1985|
|21||"Kat-chan wanted to make it to Kōshien for Minami's sake"
(それでもカッちゃんは南のために甲子園 Soredemo Katchan wa Minami no tame ni Kōshien)
|August 18, 1985|
|22||"Keep on playing ball! Kazuya vs. Terashima!"
(いよいよプレーボール!和也VS寺島! Iyoiyo purei bōru! Kazuya tai Terashima!)
|August 25, 1985|
|23||"Minami registered! She appeared!? Love's timely sudden change"
(南に届け!出るか!? 恋の逆転タイムリー Minami ni todoke! Deruka!? Koi no gyakuten taimurī)
|September 8, 1985|
|24||"Kōshien after just one more, Minami's dream after just one more!"
(甲子園まであと1つ 南の夢もあと1つ! Kōshien made ato hitotsu, Minami no yume mo ato hitotsu!)
|September 22, 1985|
|25||"Minami's longest day! Kat-chan, hurry up and come!"
(南の一番長い日!早く来てカッちゃん!! Minami no ichiban nagai hi! Hayaku kite Katchan!!)
|September 29, 1985|
|26||"End of the tournament! If you weren't there..."
(試合終了!君がいなければ... Shiai shūryō! Kimi ga inakereba...)
|October 6, 1985|
|27||"Summer was too short...Goodbye, Kat-chan!"
(短かすぎた夏...カッちゃんにさよなら! Mijikasugita natsu ... Katchan ni sayonara!)
|October 13, 1985|
|28||"What's a baseball team without an ace..."
(エースのいない野球部なんて... Ēsu no inai yakyūbu nante...)
|October 20, 1985|
|29||"What? Tender Tat-chan's boxer status!?"
(アレ?優しいタッちゃんボクサー失格!? Are? Yasashī Tatchan bokusā shikkaku!?)
|October 27, 1985|
|30||"There's no reason not to use the glorious Number 1"
(栄光の背番号1やってやれない訳はない Eikō no sebangō 1 yatte yarenai wake wa nai)
|November 3, 1985|
|31||"Tatsuya on the mound! Control is another story, however"
(剛腕達也!でもコントロールが課題です Gōwan Tatsuya! Demo kontorōru ga kadai desu)
|November 10, 1985|
|32||"Kazuya's dear wife, but the worry is about the stupid brother"
(俺は和也の恋女房でも気になるバカ兄貴 Ore wa Kazuya no koinyōbō demo kininaru baka aniki)
|November 17, 1985|
|33||"Birth of a rhythmic gymnastics star! Minami has a natural gift!?"
(誕生新体操の星!南はやっぱり天才!? Tanjō shintaisō no hoshi! Minami wa yappari tensai!?)
|November 24, 1985|
|34||"Good luck, Tatsuya! The exhilaration of taking the mound for the first time"
(がんばれ達也!ハラハラドキドキ初登板 Ganbare Tatsuya! Hara hara doki doki hatsu tōban)
|December 1, 1985|
|35||"One way or another you're cornered!? Current rumours of Minami!"
(何かと心配!?近頃ウワサの南ちゃん! Nanika to shinpai!? Chikagoro uwasa no Minami-chan!)
|December 8, 1985|
|36||"Alone together! Minami and Tatsuya's dangerous night!?"
(2人きり!南と達也のアブナイ夜!? Futari kiri! Minami to Tatsuya no abunai yoru!?)
|December 15, 1985|
|37||"Aim for Kōshien! The baseball club is in the middle of camp!"
(めざせ甲子園!ただいま野球部合宿中!! Mezase Kōshien! Tadaima yakyūbu gasshukuchū!!)
|December 22, 1985|
|38||"First round preliminaries! Strategist Tat-chan enters!?"
(予選一回戦!頭脳派タッちゃん登場!? Yosen ikkaisen! Zunōha Tatchan tōjō!?)
|December 29, 1985|
|39||"Show of competence! Cool Nitta and Tenacious Nishimura!"
(実力拝見!クールな新田とガッツ西村!! Jitsuryoku haiken! Kūru na Nitta to Gattsu Nishimura!!)
|January 5, 1986|
|40||"A heated second round! Tat-chan vs. Tenacious Nishimura"
(熱投2回戦!タッちゃんvsガッツ西村!! Nettō nikaisen! Tatchan tai Gattsu Nishimura)
|January 12, 1986|
|41||"11th inning in the rain! Bases loaded with 2 outs! Batter Nishimura"
(雨の延長11回!2死満塁!!バッター西村 Ame no enchō jūichi kai! Nishi manrui!! Battā Nishimura)
|January 19, 1986|
|42||"Another extra inning!? The four-sided love affair about Minami"
(もう一つの延長戦!?南をめぐる四角関係 Mō hitotsu no enchōsen!? Minami o meguru shikaku kankei)
|January 26, 1986|
|43||"Shake up Tatsuya the ace! Minami & Nitta's dangerous relationship!?"
(揺れるエース達也!!新田と南が急接近!? Yureru ēsu Tatsuya!! Nitta to Minami ga kyūsekkin!?)
|February 2, 1986|
|44||"Yuka's detective story! Where did Minami & Tatsuya go?"
(由加の探偵物語!南と達也はどこへ行く Yuka no tantei monogatari! Minami to Tatsuya wa doko e yuku)
|February 9, 1986|
|45||"Challenge to the ace! I'm Uesugi's rival!"
(エースを狙え!僕が上杉のライバルだ!! Ēsu o nerae! Boku ga Uesugi no raibaru da!!)
|February 16, 1986|
|46||"Rival declaration! Surpassing Uesugi Kazuya!"
(ライバル宣言!上杉和也を越えてくれ!! Raibaru sengen! Uesugi Kazuya o koetekure!!)
|February 23, 1986|
|47||"Showdown with Sumiko! What? The pitcher is Yoshida!!"
(対決須見工!えッ!?ピッチャー吉田!! Taiketsu Sumikō! E!? Pitchā Yoshida!!)
|March 2, 1986|
|48||"Uesugi appears at last! Nitta, I'll be victorious!"
(遂に上杉登場!新田、オレと勝負だ!! Tsui ni Uesugi tōjō! Nitta, ore to shōbu da!!)
|March 9, 1986|
|49||"Brother, don't give up! Kōshien's in sight!"
(ダメ兄貴返上!甲子園が見えてきた!! Dame aniki henjō! Kōshien ga mietekita!!)
|March 16, 1986|
|50||"A date after school!? Minami & Nitta's dangerous relationship!"
(放課後デート!?南と新田は危ない関係!! Hōkago dēto!? Minami to Nitta wa abunai kankei!!)
|March 23, 1986|
|51||"Unacceptable!? Minami declares her love to Tatsuya!"
(納得しない!?南が達也に恋人宣言!! Nattoku shinai!? Minami ga Tatsuya ni koibito sengen!!)
|March 30, 1986|
|52||"A love triangle! You're a bother!"
(恋の三元中継!ジャマ者はお前だ!! Koi no sangen chūkei! Jamamono wa omae da!!)
|April 6, 1986|
|53||"Tatsuya's extracurricular lessons ... Thinking too much about love!"
(達也の課外授業...思い過ごしも恋の内! Tatsuya no kagai jugyō ... Omoisugoshi mo koi no uchi!)
|April 13, 1986|
|54||"Finally, the last Kōshien!"
(いよいよ最後の甲子園だゾ!! Dainibu kan: Iyoiyo saigo no Kōshien dazo!!)
|April 20, 1986|
|55||"Highlights: Memories are too beautiful..."
(総集編·思い出は美し過ぎて... Sōshūhen: Omoide wa utsukushisugite...)
|April 27, 1986|
|56||"Highlights: Don't surrender the ace position to anyone!"
(総集編·エースは誰にも渡さない! Sōshūhen: Ēsu wa dare ni mo watasanai!)
|May 4, 1986|
|57||"A mysterious new coach turns up!"
(謎の新監督がやってくる!! Nazo no shinkantoku ga yattekuru!!)
|May 11, 1986|
|58||"I'm Kashiwaba! I won't forgive the spoiled children!"
(オレは柏葉!甘ったれは許さない!! Ore wa Kashiwaba! Amattare wa yurusanai!!)
|May 18, 1986|
|59||"Tempest at the Meisei baseball club! Another problem after Minami leaves"
(嵐の明青野球部!南が去ってまた一難 Arashi no Meisei yakyū-bu! Minami ga satte mata ichinan)
|May 25, 1986|
|60||"Hard-fighting new coach! Minami's still number one"
(新マネジャー大苦戦!やっぱり南が一番 Shin manejā daikusen! Yappari Minami ga ichiban)
|June 1, 1986|
|61||"Hey Kashiwaba! Minami is the bet in the contest!"
(オイ柏葉!南を賭けて勝負だ!! Oi Kashiwaba! Minami o kakete shōbu da!!)
|June 8, 1986|
|62||"Sepia-coloured couple! Minami & Nitta's beach story"
(セピア色の2人!南と新田の海岸物語 Sepia iro no futari! Minami to Nitta no kaigan monogatari)
|June 15, 1986|
|63||"The secret behind the sunglasses! What kind of person is Kashiwaba?"
(サングラスの奥の秘密!柏葉は何者? Sangurasu no oku no himitsu! Kashiwaba wa nanimono?)
|June 22, 1986|
|64||"No rules of the practice game! We're watching the demon manager"
(仁義なき練習試合!鬼監督のお手並拝見 Jingi naki renshū jiai! Oni kantoku no otenami haiken)
|June 29, 1986|
|65||"Go for it, Minami. It's not suitable to give up!"
(ガンバレ南!ギブ·アップは似合わない!! Ganbare Minami. Gibu appu wa niawanai!!)
|July 6, 1986|
|66||"Minami is the student council president? An idol one way or another!"
(南が生徒会長?アイドルは何かと大変! Minami ga seito kaichō? Aidoru wa nanika to taihen!)
|July 13, 1986|
|67||"Oh-oh, we're beginning to see! Coach Kashiwaba's true character!"
(ムムッ見えてきたぞ!柏葉監督の正体! Mumu mitekitazo! Kashiwaba kantoku no shōtai!!)
|July 20, 1986|
|68||"Stop Tatsuya! Yuka's forced dating strategy!"
(ストップ·ザ·達也!由加のむりやりデート作戦!! Sutoppu za Tatsuya! Yuka no muriyari dēto sakusen!!)
|July 27, 1986|
|69||"The Kōshien dream! Don't rush your resignation!"
(夢は甲子園!退部届はあわてずに!! Yume wa Kōshien! Taibu todoke wa awatezu ni!!)
|August 3, 1986|
|70||"Summer is soon! How many more dropout troubles"
(夏まじか!どこまで続く落ちこぼれ騒動 Natsu majika! Doko made tsuzuku ochikobore sōdō)
|August 10, 1986|
|71||"Summer camp starts! The evil coach is waiting!"
(夏合宿突入!鬼監督が待っている!! Natsu gasshuku totsunyū! Oni kantoku ga matteiru!!)
|August 17, 1986|
|72||"Scarier than the demon? Lady Yuka's cooking camp!"
(鬼より怖い?お嬢様由加の合宿料理!! Oni yori kowai? Ojō-sama Yuka no gasshuku ryōri!!)
|August 24, 1986|
|73||"Chef Yuka! It's a long hard road to be a gourmet chef!"
(包丁人由加!グルメの道は険しく遠い!! Hōchōnin Yuka! Gurume no michi wa kewashiku tōi!!)
|August 31, 1986|
|74||"Finally! Cooking battle between Minami & Yuka"
(遂にきた!南と由加のクッキング大戦争 Tsui ni kita! Minami to Yuka no kukkingu dai sensō)
|September 14, 1986|
|75||"End of the cooking trouble!? Secret taste is from Minami's spice"
(お料理騒動完結!?隠し味は南のスパイス Oryōri sōdō kanketsu!? Kakushi aji wa Minami no supaisu)
|September 21, 1986|
|76||"Thinking of the floor exercise! Minami is waiting for Tatsuya!?"
(気にして新体操!南は達也を待っている!? Kinishite shintaisō! Minami wa Tatsuya o matteiru!?)
|September 28, 1986|
|77||"First match of the competition! Now summer is here!"
(予選組み合わせ決定!いよいよ夏本番!! Yosen kumiawase kettei! Iyoiyo natsu honban!!)
|October 5, 1986|
|78||"Highlights: Asakura Minami is 18! Now is the time for youth!"
(総集編·浅倉南18才!ただいま青春進行形!! Sōshūhen I: Asakura Minami wa 18-sai! Tadaima seishun shinkōkei!!)
|October 12, 1986|
|79||"Highlights: Fight Meisei! Kashiwaba doesn't scare us"
(総集編·ファイト明青!!柏葉なんか怖くない Soushuuhen II: Faito Meisei!! Kashiwaba nanka kowakunai)
|October 19, 1986|
|80||"Today is the first round! We're not going to lose!"
(本日予選一回戦!やる気だけは負けないぜ!! Honjitsu yosen ikkaisen! Yaruki dake wa makenaize!!)
|October 26, 1986|
|81||"First battle is no problem! The real enemy is Kashiwaba!?"
(とんでもない一回戦!本当の敵は柏葉!? Tondemonai ikkaisen! Hontō no teki wa Kashiwaba!?)
|November 2, 1986|
|82||"I can see! Kashiwaba brother's secret"
(見えたぞ!柏葉兄弟のふかーい謎 Mietazo! Kashiwaba kyōdai no fukai nazo)
|November 9, 1986|
|83||"What will Tatsuya do in the second round! Kōtarō's in a pinch!!"
(どうする達也二回戦!孝太郎大ピンチ!! Dōsuru Tatsuya nikaisen! Kōtarō dai pinchi!!)
|November 16, 1986|
|84||"Yuka-chan in danger! Don't force the date so much"
(由加チャン危機一髪!!押しかけデートもほどほどに Yuka-chan kiki ippatsu!! Oshikake dēto mo hodohodo ni)
|November 23, 1986|
|85||"Unforgettable showdown! It's about time for his comeback!"
(執念の対決!今頃あいつがカムバック! Shūnen no taiketsu!? Imagoro aitsuga kamubakku!)
|November 30, 1986|
|86||"I'm not going to lose the third time! Behold the power of the ace!"
(負けてたまるか三回戦!エースの力を見せてやる! Makete tamaru ka sankaisen! ēsu no chikara o misete yaru!)
|December 7, 1986|
|87||"Unexpected!? Kashiwaba's romance! An awakening of love like Minami's"
(意外!?柏葉ロマンス!南に似ている恋心 Igai!? Kashiwaba romansu! Minami ni niteiru koigokoro)
|December 14, 1986|
|88||"It's not revenge!? No signs in the fourth game!!"
(復讐じゃない!?NOサインで4回戦!! Fukushū janai!? Nō sain de yonkaisen!)
|December 21, 1986|
|89||"Tatsuya's the ace? Feeling the pressure!?"
(達也はエース?背中に感じるプレッシャー!? Tatsuya wa ēsu? Senaka ni kanjiru puresshā!?)
|December 28, 1986|
|90||"Round before the semifinals! Meisei vs. 3 pitchers!?"
(準々決勝!明青VSピッチャーが3人!? Junjun kesshō! Meisei tai pitchā ga sannin!?)
|January 4, 1987|
|91||"It's unexpected!? The game's not over yet!"
(番狂わせ!?まだまだ勝負は判らない! Ban kuruwase!? Mada mada shōbu wa wakaranai!)
|January 11, 1987|
|92||"Distressing image pile up! Tatsuya's more than Minami expected!"
(せつないイメージ重なるネ!達也は南の予想以上! Setsunai imēji kasanaru ne! Tatsuya wa Minami no yosō ijō!)
|January 18, 1987|
|93||"Here it comes!? Coach's order! Wounded heart, enduring Kashiwaba's program!"
(出た!?監督命令!心に傷持つ柏葉采配! Deta!? Kantoku meirei! Kokoro ni kizu motsu Kashiwaba saihai!)
|January 25, 1987|
|94||"In the middle of the semi-finals! Tat-chan going for the big new record!"
(準決勝真最中!なるかタッちゃん大記録! Junkesshō massaichū! Naruka Tatchan daikiroku!)
|February 1, 1987|
|95||"Celebrate, victory of the finals! Our fate lies in Kashiwaba's hand!"
(祝·決勝進出!運命は柏葉の手の中に! Shuku, kesshō shinshutsu! Unmei wa Kashiwaba no te no naka ni!)
|February 8, 1987|
|96||"One more to get to Kōshien! Hope! Kazuya's promise"
(あと1つで甲子園!叶えたい!和也の約束 Ato hitotsu de Kōshien! Kanaetai! Kazuya no yakusoku)
|February 15, 1987|
|97||"Go go Meisei! Play ball to victory!"
(GoGo明青!勝利に向かってプレーボール! Gō Gō Meisei! Shōri ni mukatte purē bōru!)
|February 22, 1987|
|98||"Finals for whom!? See the real Tatsuya!"
(誰のための決勝戦!?本当の達也を見せて! Dare no Tame no kesshōsen!? Hontō no Tatsuya o misete!)
|March 1, 1987|
|99||"No more chances!? It's coming! The Kashiwaba sign!"
(もう後が無い!?出るか!柏葉サイン! Mō ato ga nai!? Deruka! Kashiwaba sain!)
|March 8, 1987|
|100||"Let's win Meisei! Kōshien is waiting for us!"
(勝つぞ明青!甲子園は俺たちを待っている! Katsuzo Meisei! Kōshien wa oretachi o matteiru!)
|March 15, 1987|
|101||"New starting line, from Tatsuya Uesugi to Minami Asakura..."
(新しいスタートライン·上杉達也は浅倉南を... Atarashii stāto rain, Uesugi Tatsuya wa Asakura Minami o...)
|March 22, 1987|
- Planning: Tadashi Oka (Fuji TV) & Yoshirō Kataoka (ADK), in cooperation with Kiyoshi Usami (OB Planning)
- Executive Producers: Yoshinobu Nakao (Fuji TV), Chihiro Kameyama (Fuji TV), Masashi Fujihara, Shigetsugu Tsuiki
- Art Director: Shichirō Kobayashi
- Backgrounds: Kobayashi Production
- Photography: Studio Gallop
- Music Director: Fusanobu Fujiyama
- Music Work: Zack Promotion
- Music: Hiroaki Serizawa
- Assistant Animation Director: Minoru Maeda
- Series Bungei Organization: Yumiko Takaboshi, Satoshi Namiki
- Title Animation: Gisaburō Sugii, Minoru Maeda, Akinori Nagaoka
- Animation Director: Tsuneo Maeda
- Series Director: Hiroko Tokita
- Assistant Director: Gisaburō Sugii
- Production Assistance: Studio Junio, Studio Gallop, Kitty Films
- Production: Toho, Group TAC, ADK
- Episodes 1-27: Touch, by Yoshimi Iwasaki
- Episodes 28-56: Ai ga Hitoribotchi, by Yoshimi Iwasaki
- Episodes 57-79: Che! Che! Che!, by Yoshimi Iwasaki
- Episodes 80-93: Hitoribotchi no Duet, by Yumekojo
- Episodes 94-101: Jōnetsu Monogatari, by Yoshimi Iwasaki
- Episodes 1-27: Kimi ga Inakereba, by Yoshimi Iwasaki
- Episodes 28-62: Seishun, by Yoshimi Iwasaki
- Episodes 63-79: Yakusoku, by Yoshimi Iwasaki
- Episodes 80-101: Kimi wo Tobashita Gogo, by Yumekojo
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)|
|This section requires expansion. (June 2008)|
|This section requires expansion. (October 2008)|
The manga has sold approximately 100 million of copies.
- "List of all episodes in Story section" (in Japanese). Archived from the original on August 8, 2006. Retrieved September 13, 2006.
- "Touch DVD-Box". AnimeOnDVD. Retrieved October 28, 2007.
- "Touch". Retrieved September 13, 2006.
- "小学館漫画賞: 歴代受賞者" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved August 19, 2007.
- Hitoshi Doi's Touch TV series episode guide
- "TV Asahi Top 100 Anime Part 2". Anime News Network. September 23, 2005. Retrieved October 28, 2007.
- "タッチTVシリーズ => ストーリー" (in Japanese). Group TAC. Archived from the original on October 24, 2007. Retrieved October 29, 2007.
- "傑作純愛ラブストーリー「タッチ」が、長澤まさみさん主演で実写化!" (in Japanese). Toho. 2004-12-13. Archived from the original on 2009-03-03. Retrieved 2013-11-28.
- "亀梨和也". 話題の芸能人・有名人. October 9, 2008. "「和也」という名前は、親戚の姉があだち充原作のアニメ『タッチ』に出てくる「上杉和也」から付けた。"
- "KAT-TUN 亀梨和也". アイドルｎｅｔ. October 9, 2008. "名前の由来は、「タッチ」の上杉和也"
- Cartoon KAT-TUN Episode 43; aired on NTV on 30 January 2008.
- Touch anime movie (Japanese)
- Touch 2 anime movie (Japanese)
- Touch 3 anime movie (Japanese)
- Live action Touch movie (Japanese) - official site