Tournament Players Club
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
Tournament Players Club (TPC) is a chain of public and private golf courses operated by the PGA Tour. Most of the courses either are or have been hosts for PGA Tour events, with the remainder having frequently hosted events on the second-tier Web.com Tour or the over-50s Champions Tour.
The first Tournament Players Club was TPC at Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, designed in 1980 and now the headquarters of the PGA Tour. TPC courses are designed to accommodate the large crowds attracted to high profile tournaments. One of the drivers for the development of the chain by the PGA Tour, is that by holding tournaments on its own courses, it avoids sharing the proceeds with external course owners.
In 2007, the PGA Tour reached an agreement with Heritage Golf Group for the sale of four TPC courses; TPC Eagle Trace, TPC Michigan, TPC Piper Glen, and TPC Prestancia. Although they would be owned and operated by Heritage, all would retain their TPC branding. In February 2008, TPC Tampa Bay became the fifth course to be bought by Heritage Golf Group. The Tampa Bay course also retained its TPC branding under a licensing agreement.
Tournament Players Clubs
- TPC Cancun, Cancún, Mexico
- Nick Price Course
- Tom Fazio Course
- TPC at Deere Run, Silvis, Illinois
- TPC Harding Park, San Francisco, California
- TPC Las Colinas, Irving, Texas
- TPC Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
- TPC of Louisiana, New Orleans, Louisiana
- TPC of Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- TPC at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas
- TPC at Sawgrass, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
- THE PLAYERS Stadium Course
- Dye's Valley Course
- TPC of Scottsdale, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Stadium Course
- Champions Course
- TPC Stadium Course at PGA West, La Quinta, California
- TPC Tampa Bay, Lutz, Florida
- The Old White TPC, Greenbrier County, West Virginia
- TPC Boston, Norton, Massachusetts
- TPC Craig Ranch, McKinney, Texas
- TPC Eagle Trace, Coral Springs, Florida
- TPC Jasna Polana, Princeton, New Jersey
- TPC Michigan, Dearborn, Michigan
- TPC at Piper Glen, Charlotte, North Carolina
- TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm, Potomac, Maryland
- TPC Prestancia, Sarasota, Florida
- Stadium Course
- Club Course
- TPC River Highlands, Cromwell, Connecticut
- TPC River's Bend, Cincinnati, Ohio
- TPC Snoqualmie Ridge, Snoqualmie, Washington
- TPC Southwind, Memphis, Tennessee
- TPC Stonebrae, Hayward, California
- TPC at Sugarloaf, Duluth, Georgia
- TPC at Summerlin, Las Vegas, Nevada
- TPC Treviso Bay, Naples, Florida
- TPC Twin Cities, Blaine, Minnesota
- TPC Valencia, Valencia, California
- TPC Wakefield Plantation, Raleigh, North Carolina
- "TOUR forms alliance with Heritage Golf Group". PGA Tour. March 1, 2007. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "Ownership of TPC Tampa Bay transitions to Heritage Golf Group". PGA Tour. February 29, 2008. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "The Greenbrier becomes newest member of TPC Network". PGA Tour. March 28, 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-11.