- 1 Introduction
- 2 Company Profile & History
- 3 Services
- 4 Locations
- 5 Concept Store
- 6 TNY Series
- 7 Tourneau Advantage
- 8 Tourneau Certified Pre-Owned
- 9 Tourneau (RED)
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Tourneau, LLC, is a luxury watch retailer established in 1900 and based in the United States. Tourneau is America's largest retailer for luxury watches, with 35 stores throughout the country. The company specializes in men's, women's and certified pre-owned watches.
Company Profile & History
Founded in 1900, Tourneau is one of the major luxury watch brands in the international marketplace. Known for having the world’s largest selection of fine watches, Tourneau has worked to differentiate their brand as an indication of an individual’s lifestyle and personality.
1900: The legacy all began when the Tourneau family established a watch selling business in Western Europe.
1925: After migrating to New York City, Peter Tourneau opened a small dressmaking shop, with a watch counter, in the Berkshire Place Hotel. This location subsequently became the future site of the "Tourneau Corner" store, previously at 500 Madison Ave.
1930: The first Tourneau watch store opened its doors at Madison Avenue and 49th Street. With immediate success, Tourneau was recognized as a watch innovator, developing and popularizing many new models in the 1930s and 1940s.
1940: In the midst of a slowdown in the civilian economy during World War II, Tourneau expanded with the opening of a second location in the Pennsylvania Hotel across from Penn Station.
1979: Tourneau expanded to Florida, opening a store in the prestigious Bal Harbour Shops.
1987: Tourneau's Customer Service and Repair Center emerged in 1987, contributing significantly to the growth and reputation of comprehensive customer service within the watch industry.
1990-1996: Tourneau ventured west, opening the first California location in Costa Mesa's South Coast Plaza.
1997: The Tourneau TimeMachine, an advanced multi-level luxury watch superstore on 57th Street in New York City, opened in June of 1997. As the current flagship store, the Tourneau TimeMachine represents the ultimate destination for watches. The astonishing 16,000 square foot timepiece emporium was recognized as the 'World's Largest Watch Superstore' by Guinness World Records.
2000: Tourneau celebrated 100 years as a watchmaker and luxury watch retailer. As Tourneau entered the new millennium, the "Watch Gear" store concept was introduced, building on the success of Tourneau luxury watch stores and the commitment to appeal to younger clientele.
2005: Surpassing the achievement of the TimeMachine, the Tourneau Time Dome in Las Vegas opened and was recognized as the World's Largest Watch Store by Guinness World Records.
2006: After providing close to 20 years of expertise in watch repair and service, 2006 marked the opening of a new state-of-the-art watch repair facility in Long Island City, New York. With this new location, Tourneau remains the top customer service leader in the watch industry.
2007: A new Tourneau division brought three locations of outlet shopping centers in California, Florida and Texas.
2011: The Tourneau Concept Store, residing at 510 Madison Avenue, opened its doors.
Today: Tourneau is ever evolving to provide the best luxury watch buying experience and watch service to its customers. The company currently holds an unrivaled presence in the luxury watch retail market, with 35 stores throughout the country, as well as its e-commerce site, Tourneau.com.
Tourneau is America’s largest watch store, with a selection of over 100 different brands in more than 8,000 unique and incomparable styles. Tourneau is authorized to sell and service every major watch brand. Their online shop features both new and Certified Pre-Owned watch collections.
Tourneau is also the largest factory-authorized independent service center in the United States, and is authorized to repair every watch they sell.
Every new watch purchase from Tourneau is covered by Tourneau’s Extended Warranty, providing coverage in addition to the manufacturer’s warranty for up to 5 years from the date of purchase.
Tourneau began opening locations outside of Manhattan in 1979.
- Cabazon, California - Desert Hills Premium Outlets
- Costa Mesa, California - South Coast Plaza
- Los Angeles, California - Westfield Century City
- San Diego, California - Fashion Valley Mall
- San Francisco, California - Westfield San Francisco Centre
- San Jose, California - Santana Row
- Aventura, Florida - Aventura Mall
- Bal Harbour, Florida - Bal Harbour Shops
- Coral Gables, Florida - Village of Merrick Park
- Naples, Florida - Waterside Shops
- Orlando, Florida - Orlando Premium Outlets (International Drive)
- Palm Beach, Florida
- Palm Beach Gardens, Florida - The Gardens Mall
- Garden City, New York - Roosevelt Field (shopping mall)
- Huntington Station, New York - Walt Whitman Shops
- New York City - Madison Avenue
- Flagship Store: TimeMachine New York City - 57th Street (Manhattan)
- White Plains, New York - The Westchester
- Dallas, Texas - Galleria Dallas
- Houston, Texas - The Galleria (Houston)
- San Antonio, Texas - The Shops at La Cantera
- San Marcos, Texas - Tanger Factory Outlet Centers
Tourneau partnered with design firm Eight Inc., based out of San Francisco, California to redesign the traditional watch-buying experience. Unlike traditional watch stores, cases at the Concept Store are accessed from all sides, eliminating the typical "behind-the-counter" format. Other innovations include a time-saving inventory system and the "One Minute Movie Clock." 
- Tourneau TNY Series 44 Meccanico
- Tourneau TNY Series 44 GMT Automatic
- Tourneau TNY Series 44 Chrono Automatic
- Tourneau TNY Series ‘Rush Hour’ Special Edition
- Tourneau TNY Series 40 3 Hand Automatic
- Tourneau TNY Series 40 GMT Automatic
- Tourneau TNY Series 40 Chrono Automatic
- Tourneau TNY Series 35
- Tourneau TNY Series The Bravest
Tourneau has the largest selection of certified used watches in the world.
Only parts from the manufacturer are used to restore the watch to its original form, unless replacing the part would diminish the authenticity, value, and/or originality.
Tourneau Certified Pre-Owned
Each Tourneau store carries its own unique selection of Certified used watches, driven by regional market trends, styles and brands.
In 2012, Tourneau partnered with Product Red to produce TOURNEAU (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition watches. 15% of the retail price of each (TOURNEAU)RED watch is contributed to the The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.