November 17, 1941
She studied acting in Manhattan, but she developed a fondness for applying makeup rather than wearing it. After marrying a New Jersey businessman, she opened her own makeup center. When the marriage failed, she moved to Las Vegas to be near her mother.
In Las Vegas, she learned of a cactus-based face cream made from a formula by a Mexican family and began selling it. Word was soon out that Hollywood stars were clamoring for the "facelift in a jar," and orders flooded in. In 1975, she traveled to Mexico and secured world distribution rights. Her husband and some friends worked day and night filling jars and shipping them.
Her cosmetics have been featured on QVC shopping network since 1990. According to QVC as of 2001, her perfumes had been featured on the network for over ten years with sales continuing to grow, making her "a steady presence at QVC and its biggest fragrance vendor".
She has apparently been married twice. The first marriage ended after four years by divorce. She has one son.
- "Ernest Borgnine er død", NRK, 8 July 2012.
- Adelson, Suzanne (17 August 1981), "With His Fifth Marriage, Ernest Borgnine Finally Has a Face-Saver: Wife Tove", People 16 (7))
- Klepacki, Laura (December 14, 2001). "Direct Sellers Make Fragrance Personal". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 2008-05-12.[dead link]
- Stritof, Sheri & Bob. Timeline and Marriages of Ernest Borgnine, About.com
- "Ernest Borgnine Biography". University of North Alabama Library.[dead link]
- "Past FiFi award winners". The Fragrance Foundation.[dead link]
- "FiFi Finalists announced". The Fragrance Foundation. April 25, 2008.[dead link]
- Beauty By Tova on QVC