Towaco, New Jersey
|Towaco, New Jersey|
|Elevation||223 ft (68 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||0881217|
Towaco is an unincorporated community within Montville Township in Morris County, New Jersey, United States. The area is served as United States Postal Service ZIP code 07082. Its name reflects the Native American history in the area, which identified the locale as TaWagh, meaning "hill", a reference to the terrain of Towaco.
Notable current and former residents of Towaco include:
- Ulric Ellerhusen (1879–1957), sculptor best known for his works of architectural sculpture.
- Reality TV "stars", Teresa and Joe Giudice of Bravo TV's Real Housewives of New Jersey.
- "Towaco". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- Colrick, Patricia Florio. Montville, p. 77, Arcadia Publishing, 2000. ISBN 0-7385-0282-0. Accessed February 23, 2011.
- Bzdak, Meredith Arms; and Petersen, Douglas. Public sculpture in New Jersey: monuments to collective identity, p. 1922, Rutgers University Press, 1999. ISBN 0-8135-2700-7. Accessed February 23, 2011.
- Hyman, Vicki (2010, June 11). "New Jersey 'Housewives' home off the market; Teresa Giudice says she's not selling". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved August 25, 2010.