Tower Hill School
- There are also schools named Tower Hill School in Atlantic, Pennsylvania, Red Bank, New Jersey, Randolph, Massachusetts and Witney, Oxfordshire.
|Tower Hill School|
|2813 W 17th St, Wilmington
Wilmington, DE, 19806
|School type||Private College Preparatory School|
|Motto||Multa Bene Facta
(Many Things Done Well)
|Founder||Walter S. Carpenter, Jr., R. Ruliph M. Carpenter, Irénée du Pont, Lammot du Pont, Eugene E. du Pont, Alexis Felix du Pont, Josiah Marvel, Hugh Rodney Sharp, William Winder Laird, Charles Marshall Barton, and Dr. Albert Robin|
|Headmaster||Mr. Harry Baetjer |
|Student to teacher ratio||7:1|
|Color(s)||Kelly White |
|Mascot||White Tiger and Hiller|
The school offered US$$1,900,000 a year of need-based financial aid to 21% of its students for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Wall Street Journal ranked Tower Hill 24th in the nation and 1st in Delaware, in percentage of students attending eight top colleges.
- Adrienne Arsht, Philanthropist and attorney
- Michael N. Castle, Governor of Delaware (1985–1992) and US Congressman (Delaware) (1993–2011)
- Chris Coons, US Senator from (Delaware)
- Crawford Hallock Greenewalt, Jr., archaeologist
- Orin Kerr, law professor at George Washington University
- Ellen J. Kullman, Chief executive officer of DuPont
- Mehmet Oz, TV host, noted cardiologist and author
- Pat Williams, Orlando Magic Senior Vice President
- "Tower Hill at a Glance". Tower Hill School. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "Tower Hill History and Traditions". Tower Hill School. Retrieved October 25, 2013.[dead link]
- Earl J. Ball III (25 October 2013). "Tower Hill Announces Acting Head of School". Tower Hill Board of Trustees. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Tower Hill School Homepage". Tower Hill School. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "Athletics at Tower Hill". Tower Hill School. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "How the Schools Stack Up". Wall Street Journal. December 28, 2007. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- Oz, Mehmet (5 October 2011). "Delaware Today Health and Wellness: Closing Thought with Dr. Mehmet Oz, a Tower Hill School graduate, about cholesterol, blood pressure and heart health". Delaware Today. Retrieved 18 December 2011.