Town Creek, Alabama
|Town Creek, Alabama|
|Lawrence County and the state of Alabama|
|• Total||2.7 sq mi (7 km2)|
|• Land||2.7 sq mi (7 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||561 ft (171 m)|
|• Density||450.4/sq mi (173.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0155277|
Town Creek is a town in Lawrence County, Alabama, United States, and is included in the Decatur Metropolitan Area, as well as the Huntsville-Decatur Combined Statistical Area. As of the 2000 census, the population of the town is 1,216.
Town Creek is located at .(34.671518, -87.408311)
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,216 people, 514 households, and 355 families residing in the town. The population density was 451.6 people per square mile (174.5/km²). There were 563 housing units at an average density of 209.1 per square mile (80.8/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 60.86% White, 34.21% Black or African American, 1.89% Native American, 0.16% Asian, 1.97% from other races, and 0.90% from two or more races. 3.62% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 514 households out of which 35.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.4% were married couples living together, 21.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.9% were non-families. 30.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.37 and the average family size was 2.93.
In the town the population was spread out with 28.5% under the age of 18, 9.1% from 18 to 24, 27.1% from 25 to 44, 21.2% from 45 to 64, and 14.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 84.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 73.8 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $24,583, and the median income for a family was $29,018. Males had a median income of $30,000 versus $20,500 for females. The per capita income for the town was $14,204. About 20.1% of families and 23.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 33.4% of those under age 18 and 18.5% of those age 65 or over.
- Ali-Ollie Woodson, former Temptation (September 12, 1951 – May 30, 2010) (born in Detroit, but grew up in Town Creek)
- John Douglas, former NBA player
- Chris Goode, former NFL player
- Antonio Langham, former NFL player 
- Kalvin Pearson, NFL Free Agent
- Bob Penchion, former NFL player
- Mack Vickery, Nashville songwriter,singer,musician,and Alabama Music Hall of Fame Inductee 2003. Born in Town Creek,Alabama June 8, 1938. Died in Nashville, Tennessee, December 21, 2004.
- John R. (Jackie) Montgomery, (born in Burnsville MS.,grew up in Town Creek),Physican/Scientist for "The Boy In The Bubble",a world famous patient at Texas Children's Hospital,Houston 
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-15.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Tide football a family tradition http://www.decaturdaily.com/detail/49870.html?print=1
- Boy in the Bubble Medical Team http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/bubble/peopleevents/p_team.html