From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Toynbee is a surname, and can refer to (in chronological order):
- Joseph Toynbee, British physician, pioneer of otolaryngology,
- Arnold Toynbee, British economist, son of Joseph Toynbee
- Paget Toynbee, British Dante scholar
- Arnold Joseph Toynbee, British historian, nephew of Arnold Toynbee
- Jocelyn Toynbee, British archaeologist and art historian, sister of Arnold Joseph Toynbee and niece of Arnold Toynbee.
- Philip Toynbee, British writer and son of Arnold Joseph Toynbee
- Polly Toynbee, British journalist and writer, daughter of Philip Toynbee
- Toynbee Hall, a settlement in London inspired by and named in honour of Arnold Toynbee
- The Toynbee Convector, a time-travel story by Ray Bradbury, vaguely based on the philosophy of Arnold Joseph Toynbee
- Toynbee's law of challenge and response, after Arnold J. Toynbee.
- Toynbee tiles, mysterious tiles embedded in the streets of a number of US and South American cities
- The X-Men character Toad, whose 'real name' is Mortimer Toynbee
|This page or section lists people with the surname Toynbee. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|