Toyota Kirloskar Motor
|Founded||6 October 1997|
|Key people||Mr. Ryoichi Sasaki, Chairman|
|Parent||Toyota Motor Corporation, Kirloskar Group|
|Subsidiaries||Toyota Kirloskar Auto Parts Private Limited|
Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited is a subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation of Japan (with Kirloskar Group as a minority owner), for the manufacture and sales of Toyota cars in India. It is currently the 4th largest car maker in India after Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Mahindra.
The company Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited (TKMPL) according to its mission statement aims to play a major role in the development of the automotive industry and the creation of employment opportunities, not only through its dealer network, but also through ancillary industries with a business philosophy of "Putting Customer First".
On June 7, 2012, Vice Chairman of the company revealed that the company is planning to enter the healthcare sector and its first hospital is coming up in Karnataka in May 2013.
With effect from June 1, 2012, Toyota Kirloskar Motor will be increasing the prices of Etios diesel and Innova by 1 per cent and Fortuner and Etios Liva diesel by 0.5 per cent. The price hike is on account of the weakening of Rupee. Toyota announced that Etios sedan and the Liva hatchback has posted sales of over one lakh units, hence Toyota is all set for giving its production a big boost.Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) plans to hike the production capacity of its Etios series models by 75% by early 2013. Toyota Kirloskar Motors would launch its motor racing series in 3 cities in India next year.
Etios motor racing
Toyota India started a One make racing series in India with the Etios car called the Etios motor racing series. The series started in 2012, it witnessed an overwhelming response from the Indian youngsters, with 3300 applicants. They held 2 rounds of exhibition races in 2012, one at a purpose built race track in chennai called the sriperumbudur race track and other in the form of ROC (Race of champions) in Gurgaon. The 25 selected drivers will compete in the main championship to be held in the later half of 2013. The cars are prepared by Red Rooster performance based in bangalore, and designed by TRD(Toyota Racing Development). With stock engines producing almost 100 bhp, the cars are a good platform for youngsters to step from karting to touring cars.Also the relatively cheaper budget of just $3216 for the entire series which includes an entire OMP racing kit makes it one of the best one make series to compete in. http://www.toyotaetiosmotorracing.in/
Waku Doki Q Service Campaign
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has launched its Waku Doki Q Service Campaign from July 16- September 15, 2012.The campaign provides free check-ups and custom offers on Toyota cars across Toyota dealerships in the country.
- Toyota Corolla (Launched 2003)
- Toyota Innova (Launched 2005)
- Toyota Etios (Launched 2010)
- Toyota Etios Liva (Launched 2011)
- Toyota Fortuner (Launched 2009)
- Toyota Camry (Launched 2002)
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado (Launched 2004)
- Toyota Land Cruiser (Launched 2009)
- Toyota Prius (Launched 2010)
- Toyota Qualis (1999–2005)
Sales and Service Network
TKMPL sold 74,759 vehicles in India in the year 2010 registering a growth rate of 38% compared to 2009 sales.
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited
- Toyota India's Job Portal for Toyota Dealers
- Toyota India's Used Car portal
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Toyota Etios
- "Careers". Toyota Kirloskar. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Toyota in India". Toyota Kirloskar. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Toyota Kirloskar plans to enter healthcare sector". 7 June 2012.
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor Ltd., Toyota Kirloskar Motors, Toyota Qualis, Toyota Innova, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Camry, Toyota Plado
- "Toyota to hike product prices". 1 june 2012.
- "Toyota Etios and Liva production to be hiked by 75%". 31 May 2012.
- "Toyota to launch motor racing series next year in India". 2 June 2012.
- "Toyota launches service drive". 19 July 2012.
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor’s records 38% growth in sales in the year 2010