|Manufacturer||Kanto Auto Works|
|Production||2000-2001 (about 1,000 units)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Engine||3.0L 2JZ-GE I6|
|Wheelbase||2,780 mm (109.4 in)|
|Length||4,560 mm (179.5 in)|
|Width||1,745 mm (68.7 in)|
|Height||1,455 mm (57.3 in)|
|Curb weight||1,560 kg (3,440 lb)|
The Toyota Origin is a limited edition Toyota automobile released in Japan. It was made available for sale in November 2000. It was planned that only 1,000 units would be available, but in fact, about 1,027~1,071 units were produced.
The Origin features a distinct new retro style modeled from the original "Toyopet" Crown and built using the same platform and straight-six DOHC engine as the Toyota Progrès. The price was 7,000,000 yen. Manufacturer of the model was the Kanto Auto Works (East Fuji plant).
The vehicle's design employed many features unusual on modern vehicles to make it reminiscent of the original "Toyopet Crown", including rear suicide doors, a rearward-slanting C-pillar and jewel taillights.
- "2000年11月にトヨタ自動車生産累計1億台達成の記念車として1,000台限定で発売したものだが、実際には1,027台とも1,071台とも言われ正確な販売台数は不明。". Japanese Wikipedia. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
- "History of KANTO AUTO WORKS". Kanto-aw.co.jp. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Toyota Origin AT 3.0 (2000)". Trade Car View. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "Used Toyota Origin from Japan". 01 Japanese Car Export. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- 21st Century Toyota Origin concept car
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toyota Origin.|
|This article about a modern automobile produced after 1975 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|