Toyota VD Engine
Vehicles and Availability
The single-turbo variant of this engine was first used in Australia commencing March 2007, fitted to the 70-series Land Cruiser range. The engine is available in Australia, India, Central and South America.
The twin-turbo variant saw its first use in September 2007 fitted to the 200-series Land Cruiser wagon, which is available in various worldwide markets. It is also installed in some variants of the Lexus LX570 wagon.
- Designation: 1VD-FTV
- Type: V8 DOHC 32 Valve Variable Geometry Intercooled Turbo Diesel
- Displacement: 4,461 cc (272 cu in)
- Compression ratio: 16.8:1
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 86 x 96
- Fuel System: Common Rail Direct Injection
- Maximum power: Single turbo: 151 kW (205 PS) @ 3400 rpm; Twin turbo: 195 kW (265 PS) at 3400 rpm
- Maximum torque: Single turbo: 430 N·m (317 lb·ft) @ 1200-3200 rpm; Twin turbo: 650 N·m (479 lb·ft) @ 1600-2600 rpm
- Fuel Consumption (ADR81/02 combined): Single turbo: 11.9 l/100 km (23.7 mpg-imp; 19.8 mpg-US); Twin turbo: 10.3 l/100 km (27.4 mpg-imp; 22.8 mpg-US)
- "LC70 Specification Summary" (PDF). Toyota Motor Corporation of Australia. 9 June 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- "LC200 Specification Summary" (PDF). Toyota Motor Corporation of Australia. 29 January 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toyota VD engines.|
|This article about an automotive part or component is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|