||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (April 2010)|
18 September 1962 |
|Occupation||TV broadcaster, writer|
Tracee Hutchison is a writer and TV and radio broadcaster.
She produced and presented a series on Australian music in the 1980s for JJJ in 1990 – featuring interviews with Australian musicians including Nick Cave, Chrissy Amphlett, David McComb, Paul Kelly and Jimmy Barnes – which became her first book ‘Your Name's on the Door – 10 Years of Australian Music’ (1992/ABC books).
Ms Hutchison was talent producer and scriptwriter for Series 2 and 3 of RocKwiz (SBS TV) and also the series producer of nomad (SBS TV), the program that discovered silverchair in a national demo competition in 1994.
She wrote a weekly Opinion column for the Saturday Age from 2005–2009 and conceived and edited two fund-raising cookbooks for the Mirabel Foundation: Rock Chefs for Mirabel (1992), featuring Australian musicians Tim Rogers, Tex Perkins, Deborah Conway, Archie Roach & Ruby Hunter and Ed Kuepper and their favorite recipes, and Laughing Stock – Comedy Chefs for Mirabel (2007), featuring Australian comedians Eddie Perfect, Tim Minchin, Dave Hughes, Tripod, Corinne Grant, Libby Gorr and Julia Zemiro.
Ms Hutchison has written on social justice issues, environment and indigenous issues, she was commissioned by The Black Arm Band to write an essay on the history of Aboriginal music for the Hidden Republic performance as part of the 2008 Melbourne International Arts Festival.
In 1995 she wrote and starred in her debut one-woman show I Forgive Catriona Rowntree, at the Melbourne Fringe Festival.
- Your name's on the door – ABC books
- Silverchair Recovery Special
- Down and out in Melbourne and Rosebud – The Age
- From raisin' hell to raisin muffins – musicians bare their kitchen selves
- Kitchen Capers
- Time to remember the Tampa debacle – The Age 25/08/2007
- The Forgotten Man – The Age 22/07/2006
- A possum stares extinction in the face- The Age 18/2/2006
- The Long Walk – 'Crying for the place we could become'- The Age 2/06/2007
- The Black Arm Band 'Hidden Republic' essay (download PDF)
- I Forgive Catriona Rowntree Review
- Nick Cave interview for 7.30 Report ABC TV
- Neil Young interview for 7.30 Report ABC TV
- Lou Reed interview for 7.30 Report ABC TV
- Patti Smith interview for 7.30 Report ABC TV
- Ray Davies interview for 7.30 Report ABC TV
- Ray Davies interview
- Kev Carmody – Cannot buy my soul. 7.30 Report ABC TV
- Profile at ABC Coast to Coast
- Saxton Speakers profile page
- ICMI Speakers profile page