Tracks is a dance theatre company based in Darwin, Northern Territory founded in 1994, although its beginnings lie in a community dance program in 1988. It is located at Frog hollow Centre for the Arts in Darwin, along with the Nt Writers Centre, Darwin visual Arts AssocAusdance NT AANKA and Darwin Festival. Tracks seeks to engage community members in its productions, applying community cultural development practice in their work over many years. It focuses on engaging with Indigenous Australians and their communities.
Australian Dance Award for Outstanding Achievement in Youth or Community dance - 2008 for Struck
SA and NT Australian business and the arts Giving Award for Milpirri 2008 with the Milpirri Management Committee and Rio Tinto Aboriginal Fund
Works and performances
- Silent Thought (1993)
- Sacred Space (1994)
- Yawalyu, Lajamanu Ceremonial Dances
- Open House 2 (1994)
- Six Feet Over or Under (1996)
- Bodies of Light (1997)
- 4WD Sweat Dust and Romance (1997)
- The Land the Cross and the Lotus (1998)
- Walking on Water (1999)
- Love Vs Gravity (2000)
- Mother Daughter (2001)
- Ignite (2002)
- Local (2003)
- A Bowls Club Wedding (2003)
- Fast (2004)
- Snakes Gods and Deities (2004)
- Rust (2004)
- Angels of Gravity (2005)
- Mr BIG (2006)
- Without Sea (2006)
- You Dance funny (2007)
- Lipstick and Ochre (2008)
- O'Riordan, Maurice (2003-04-29). "The Space Performance Arts Feature: Tracks Theatre Company". ABC Arts Online. Retrieved 2008-10-07.[dead link]
- National Library of Australia (2004-08-26). "Australia Dancing - Tracks Dance Theatre (1994 - )" (text). Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- Gastin, Annie (2005-02-22). "Local Dance Company Takes Out Top Gong". ABC Northern Territory. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- "Previous winners Sidney Myer Performing Arts Awards" (pdf). Myer Family Philanthropy.
- Newth, Tim; David McMicken (2003-08-12). "Tracks going outback". ABC Rural: Bush Telegraph. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- REAL TIME (April/May 2003) David McMicken and Tim Newth 72kb
- "Snakes, Gods and Deities". ABC Radio National: Sunday Morning. 2004-08-22. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- Humphris, Kate (2007). "You Dance Funny has everyone laughing" (item). ABC Darwin: Arts and Entertainment. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- "Revealing why it takes women so long to get ready". ABC Darwin: Arts and Entertainment. 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- Tracks Dance Theatre
- Tracks Dance Theatre at Australia Dancing accessed 23 June 2007
- Transcript: Tracks Dance Theatre Company ABC TV Northern Territory Broadcast: 27/10/2006 accessed 23 June 2007
|This article about an organisation in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This dance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|