Amstrad CPC screenshot of Tracksuit Manager
|Genre(s)||Sports management (Soccer/Association football)|
The Amiga magazine Advanced Computer Entertainment gives this game an official rating of 606 out of 1000 (60.6%) in its April 1989 issue. While ₤9.95 was the full manufacturer's price for the game (₤22.59 in today's money), it could be bought from budget retailers for only ₤2.99 (₤6.79 in today's money).
The player controls an international football team who has failed to perform adequately in the 1986 FIFA World Cup and must qualify for the 1990 FIFA World Cup through the 1988 European Championships. Instead of a transfer market, the player is given a choice between 100 eligible football players and must choose from 22 of them. The matches are presented in the running commentary style of sports announcing with a small graphic depicting where the ball is. Players must qualify for the 1988 UEFA European Football Championships in West Germany.
- "Basic game overview". MobyGames. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- "# of players/designer information". Game Base 64. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- "Genre/release date information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- "Manufacturer's suggested retail price information". World of Spectrum. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Player information". YRNSRY.com. Retrieved 2011-03-28.