Early life and career
Wolfson formerly worked for MSG Network as an anchor and reporter as well as covering golf, college football and Arena Football for ESPN from 2002–2003. Her on-air career began at WZBN in Trenton, New Jersey as a sports anchor. She also appeared as a reporter for Long Island News Tonight (LI News Tonight) a local Long Island college-run news station.
Career since 2004
She has been the lead college football sideline reporter since 2004. She is considered to be part of one of the best college football broadcast teams in the country. As a sideline reporter, Wolfson primarily interviews coaches at the end of each half and also gives updates on player injuries. Additionally, she is an anchor on the CBS Sportsdesk as well as a reporter for college basketball, auto racing, skiing, ice skating, gymnastics, tennis, track and field and rodeo. She has covered all the U.S. Opens and the Final Four since 2004. Wolfson does postseason sideline reporting for the NBA on TNT and is a contributor to the NFL on CBS by filing reports on the Super Bowl and sideline reporting for preseason games with Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf or Ian Eagle and Phil Simms, such as the Seahawks-Packers preseason game in 2013.
Wolfson's voice is also featured during sideline reports in NCAA College Hoops 2K8 on the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 game consoles.
On May 22, 2014 it was announced that Tracy Wolfson will be joining Jim Nantz and Phil Simms as an NFL sideline reporter on Thursday night and some Sunday afternoon games starting in the 2014 season.
In 2005, she was asked to be a part of Mississippi State University's College Sports Speaker series  and has been a spokeswoman and emcee for several Foundation for Diabetes Research events since 2005. In 2004 she was named one of the "Best New Faces" of the NCAA tournament in the USA TODAY.
- "SI.com". CNN. August 18, 2004.
- Scout.com: Eye on Sports (The CBS Sports’ eye, that is)
- CBS Sports CBS Sports Team – CBSSports.com
- http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-Seahawks-Preseason-Week-3-Dope-Sheet/9775bccc-ab14-40df-b99a-fa09b016c896 - 2013 Seahawks-Packers preseason game recap
- USA Today: FTW
- Tracy Wolfson Visit
- The Foundation for Diabetes Research
- "CBS: Pairing Packer, Martelli a 'pretty easy decision'". USA Today. March 22, 2004.
- "CBS Sports TV Team". Tracy Wolfson Bio. CBSSports.com.