Trademark Official Gazette
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2014)|
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (December 2007)|
The Trademark Official Gazette is a weekly publication of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) which publishes newly registered trademarks. Once a trademark application has been examined by a USPTO examining attorney and is found to be entitled to registration, it is published in the Official Gazette of the USPTO.
The Official Gazette provides anyone who believes they would be damaged by the registration of a published mark with an opportunity to challenge the proposed registration. Once the trademark has been published in the Official Gazette, anyone who believes that the registering party's use of the mark might damage him or her has 30 days in which to file an opposition to the registration. If such an opposition is made, the registering party will be informed and then must fight it or abandon the trademark. If no oppositions are filed, or if any opposition is successfully overcome, the application will proceed to registration.
The last paper edition of the Trademark Official Gazette published by the Government Printing Office is the December 25, 2012 edition.
The new web-based version of the Trademark Official Gazette is available to the general public as of 9/24/2013. The new link is: http://tmog.uspto.gov/
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- List of intellectual property law journals
- Patent office
- Patent Office Professional Association (POPA)
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB)
- Trademark Manual of Examining Procedure (TMEP)
- Official version of the Gazette, from USPTO
- Official TMOG FAQ page, from USPTO
- TMOG PDF files from previous years, from USPTO
- download instructions for the "optimized" Trademark Official Gazette
- The web searchable version of the Trademark Official Gazette
- Trademark Official Gazette, User Guide, Steps for Searching
- All records since August 10, 2004
|This article relating to law in the United States, or its constituent jurisdictions is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a legal magazine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.