From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up train or trains in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A train is a connected series of vehicles that move along a track to transport freight or passengers.
Train(s) may also refer to:
- Camel train, a series of camels carrying goods or passengers in a group
- Wagon train, a group of wagons traveling together, especially the American West
- Road train, a truck design used in remote areas of Australia to move bulky loads efficiently
- Trackless train, a road-going articulated vehicle
- Tourist Railway Association, Inc., an organization dedicated to promoting the tourist railway industry in the United States
- Overland train, a type of oversized semi-trailer truck that could travel over most terrain
Science and technology
- Train (unidentified sound), one of six unidentified sounds recorded by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Gear train, an interconnected series of gears in a machine
- Wheel train (horology), the gear train of a mechanical watch or clock
- LNG train, a natural gas liquefaction unit
- Wave train, a finite burst of wave action that travels as a unit
Art and entertainment
- Train (band), an American rock band
- Train (album), their debut album
- "Train" (3 Doors Down song)
- "Train" (Goldfrapp song)
- "Train", a song by 4 Non Blondes from Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
- "Train" (列車 Ressha?), a song by P-MODEL from the album Perspective
- "The Train", a song by Frankie Miller from Double Trouble
- "Trains", a song by Porcupine Tree from In Absentia
- "Trains", a song by The Vapors from New Clear Days
See also: List of train songs
- Train (film), a 2008 American horror film
- Trains (magazine), a magazine devoted to trains and railroads
- Trainz, a railroad-operations simulation video game
- Train Heartnet, a fictional character in the anime series Black Cat
- "Trains", a monologue by Reginald Gardiner
- Train (clothing), the long back portion of a skirt or dress that trails on the ground behind the wearer.
- Train (military), the supply and support units of an army
- Train (roller coaster), the specialized vehicle which transports riders around a roller coaster track
- Train, Bavaria, a town in Bavaria, Germany
- TRAIN, or The Redstone Acceleration & Innovation Network, an organization
- Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation (TRAIN) Act, U.S. House legislation sponsored by John Sullivan
- Software release train, a concept in software engineering
- The male peafowl's elongated upper tail covert feathers as used in display.
- Training, the acquisition of useful knowledge and skills through instruction
- Powertrain, the components that generate and deliver power for a vehicle
- The Train (disambiguation)
- Train Train (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "Train"
- All pages with titles containing "Train"
- Trane (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Train.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.