|Origin||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Genres||Hard rock, southern rock, heavy metal, comedy rock|
|Associated acts||The Kyle Gass Project, Tenacious D|
|Website||www.trainwreckwithkg.com  |
|Past members||Lance Branson (Chris D'Arienzo)
Kenny Bob Thornton (Kevin Weisman)
Tuffy McFuckelby (Jack Black)
Trainwreck is an American rock band, a project of Kyle Gass' (of Tenacious D) alter-ego, "Klip Calhoun". The band is described as being part of Tenacious D's family, in that Gass, Konesky and Spiker all play for Tenacious D. In addition, Jason Reed also played a fundamental role in Tenacious D's 2006-07 Tour. Throughout the majority of the film Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny, Gass wears a Trainwreck T-shirt.
Gass started Trainwreck when he was asked to open for Page McConnell's band Vida Blue. In December 2001, Tenacious D played a concert with Weezer and Jimmy Eat World in Value City Arena, where Kyle Gass befriended Erin Robinson, who described herself as a "huge D fan."  In 2002, Gass asked her to recruit musicians for the "Trainwreck sideproject" so she found bandmates and friends John Spiker and John Konesky.
The band started playing live in 2003 and recorded the live album Trainwreck Live in Los Angeles in 2004 with Gass and John King of the Dust Brothers producing. The album was released in December 2004 through Sony Music. Trainwreck toured the US supporting the Reverend Horton Heat and the Supersuckers.
The band recorded their first studio album with King and Gass coproducing. They are also negotiating with television networks to record a pilot TV show. Gass has said the album will be produced by 2009 "for sure". The album is available to purchase on CD from their website and digitally from iTunes.
According to the band's manager, Jennifer Carrizo, at Silva Artist Management, Trainwreck is no longer together.
Before the break-up
- Klip Calhoun (Kyle Gass) - guitar, back-up vocals, flute
- Darryl Lee Donald (Jason Reed) - lead vocals, percussion
- John Bartholomew Shredman (John Konesky) - electric guitar
- Boy Johnny (John Spiker) - bass, vocals
- Dallas St. Bernard (Nate Rothacker) - drums
- Lance Branson (Chris D'Arienzo) - keyboard, vocals
- Kenny Bob Thornton (Kevin Weisman) - drums
- Tuffy McFuckelby (Jack Black) - guitar, lead vocal
- 2004: Trainwreck - 2 Tracks
- 2006: Trainwreck - The EP
- 2010: The Wreckoning
- 2004: Trainwreck Live
- 2006: [[More Rocktastic Music From The Film]]
- Jason Kordich (2006-12-30). "The Greatest Show on Earth". JIVEMagazine. Retrieved 2005-10-30.
- Tranchell, T.J. (2006-06-28). "Waking Up with Kyle Gass". Reverb. Retrieved 2007-07-13.
- "Destiny lands Ohioans jobs with". The Columbus Dispatch. 2007-02-08. Retrieved 2007-03-11.
- Michael Libby (2004-10-20). "'Tenacious' musician starts his own Trainwreck". Lifestyle. Retrieved 2006-12-30.[dead link]
- "INTERVIEW: Kyle Gass on "Wild Hogs"". Cinema Confidential. 2007-03-02. Retrieved 2007-04-03.
- Trainwreck guitar and bass tabs
- Trainwreck live concert recordings at Archive.org
- Trainwreck on Myspace