From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up tramp in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A tramp is a long-term homeless person who travels from place to place as an itinerant vagrant, traditionally walking or hiking.
Tramp may also refer to:
- The Tramp, an iconic character played by Charlie Chaplin
- The Tramp (film), a 1915 short film in which he appeared
- "The Tramp" (song), one of Joe Hill's best-known songs
- "Tramp" (The Stranglers song),a 1981 album track by British rock group The Stranglers
- "Tramp" (Lowell Fulson song), also recorded by Otis Redding and Carla Thomas
- Tramp (album) a 2012 album recorded by Sharon Van Etten
- Tramp (Lady and the Tramp), a character in Disney's movie Lady and the Tramp
- Tramp (EastEnders), a fictional dog in EastEnders
- Trampin', a 2004 album by Patti Smith
- The Trammps, an early disco band (fl. 1972–1983)
- Tramp (nightclub), a London nightclub
- "Tramp! Tramp! Tramp!", an 1864 U.S. Civil War song by George F. Root
- Tramp (band), a British blues band
- Tramps (film), a 1983 Austrian film
People named or nicknamed "Tramp"
- Mike Tramp (born 1961), songwriter/singer
- David A. Trampier (born 1954), artist and writer who sometimes used the pseudonym "Tramp"
- Czech tramping, the name of youth and social-culture movement in Czechoslovakia from 1918 onwards
- Tramp, a slang term for a prostitute in both American and British English; a harlot; as in the popular song "Son of Hickory Holler's Tramp"
- Tramp, more commonly a slang term for a loose woman in both American and British English; a slut
- Tramp steamer, a seagoing vessel which undertakes voyages for hire, as opposed to one making regular runs on a specified route
- Tramping, a commonly used New Zealand term for a hike ("tramp"), usually with at least one overnight stay in the outdoors
- TRAMP, or Transparent Remote (file), Access, Multiple Protocol, a software package allowing remote file-editing in an Emacs-style environment
- USS Tramp (SP-646), a United States Navy patrol vessel in commission from 1917 to 1919
- Saddle Tramp (disambiguation), multiple uses
- A Tramp Abroad, an 1880 non-fiction book by Mark Twain
- TranP, an adherent of Transnational progressivism
- Supertramp (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tramp.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.