|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
|Years active||2000-2001, 2003-2007, 2007-11|
|Labels||Honey Records, Must Destroy, The Viper Label|
|Associated acts||The Bandits, The Zutons, The Mother Lovers|
|Past members||Kristian Ealey
Tramp Attack formed in Liverpool in 2001 by Dave McCabe, Hollyoaks and Brookside actor Kristian Ealey, Matt Barton, drummer Ian Lane and bassist Scott Dulson and keyboard player Tony Dunne who left early on to form The Bandits.
Dulson was replaced by James Redmond and the band carried on without a keyboar player. After quickly gaining an enthusiastic and loyal fanbase, the band secured residencies in the pubs and clubs of Liverpool and went on to win a Battle Of The Bands at The Royal Court.
The band released their debut single 'Rocky Hangover' in 2001 on Honey Records. The single was produced by Rob Ferrier at Great Northern Studios with B sides 'Broken Man'(written by McCabe) and 'Ladybird' (written by Redmond). Soon after the release of the single, the band split with Dave McCabe going on to form The Zutons and Kristian Ealey working with Edgar Jones in an early lineup of his 'Edgar Jones & the Joneses' band with Candie Payne.
Matt Barton and Ian Lane continued working together as The Mother Lovers, and released 'Rex' under that name on 'The Great Liverpool Acoustic Experiment' compilation album in 2002. Gaining little attention with their new band, the duo renamed themselves Tramp Attack and gigged regularly across Liverpool, including several shows at The Bandwagon night held at The Zanzibar. Liverpool at the time was attracting much interest from record labels large and small, and Tramp Attack proceeded to release records through the London-based Must Destroy record label, such as the band's first album 'Attack, Attack, Attack...'
In the summer of 2006 the band's second album 'Call In Sick' was released on The Viper Label. The band, despite a brief break-up at the start of 2007, continue to perform throughout the city of Liverpool and further afield, such as at the Coniston Festival.
- Matt Barton (aka Jack Russel) – vocals, guitar (2000–present)
- Ian Lane (aka Son of John) – drums (2000–present)
- Chris Marshall (aka Mr. Bravestar) – bass (2002–present)
- Barry Southern (aka The Ship's Cat) – guitar (2002–present)
- Tony Dunne (aka Antoine Deschamps) - keyboards (2000-2001 2007–present)
- Kristian Ealey – vocals (2000–2001)
- Scott Dulson – bass (2000)
- Tony Dunne – keyboard (2000)
- James Redmond – bass (2001)
- Dave McCabe – guitar, vocals (2000-2001)
- Attack! Attack!! Attack!!! (2004)
- Call in Sick (2006)
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2001||"Rocky Hangover"||–||Non-album single|
|2003||"Eight Years Since School"||122||Attack! Attack!! Attack!!!|
|"Oh! When the Sun Goes Down"||94|
- The Great Liverpool Acoustic Experiment (2002) "Rex" as The Mother Lovers
- 21st Century Liverpool Underground (2005) "Double Decker Bus", "Swine", "Ladybird", "Broken Man", and "Barrel of Fun".
- "Chart Log UK: DJ T - Tzant". Zobbel.de. Retrieved 2014-07-13.