Trampled by Turtles
|Parts of this article (those related to "scheduled" (future) performances in 2012) are outdated. (February 2014)|
|Trampled by Turtles|
|Origin||Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Genres||Indie folk, Alternative country, Bluegrass|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, harmonica|
Trampled By Turtles is an American band from Duluth, Minnesota. The band members have referenced inspirations such as Townes Van Zandt, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, The Rolling Stones, Nirvana and Ralph Stanley. Their fifth release, Palomino, maintained a position in the Top 10 on the Billboard bluegrass charts for 52 straight weeks. Their music has been featured in TV shows including Deadliest Catch and Squidbillies. Their song Alone was featured at the end of the 2013 movie The Way Way Back. Their newest album, Stars and Satellites, was released on April 10, 2012 and debuted at number 32 on the Billboard 200 Chart and number 11 on the Alternative Chart.
The band has performed at many national festivals including Coachella, Stagecoach, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, Bumbershoot, and Pickathon. In 2011, they performed at several large folk festivals such as Telluride Bluegrass Festival, Newport Folk Festival and ROMP roots and branches. They are scheduled to play San Francisco's Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival, the Sasquatch Festival, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits Music Festival, Firefly Festival, Rock the Garden, All Good Music Festival and Newport Folk Festival in 2012.
- Dave Simonett – guitar, lead vocals, harmonica
- Tim Saxhaug – bass, backing vocals
- Dave Carroll – banjo, backing vocals
- Erik Berry – mandolin
- Ryan Young – fiddle, backing vocals
Simonett, Saxhaug, and Young also play in a side project called Dead Man Winter, and Young fronts The Fiddle Heirs and continues to collaborate with Pert Near Sandstone, perhaps most notably on their rendition of The Beatles classic "I Am the Walrus".
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|US Grass||US||US Heat||US Indie||US Alt||US Folk||US Rock|
|Songs from a Ghost Town||
|Blue Sky and the Devil||
|Stars and Satellites||
|Live at First Avenue||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
- "Are You Behind the Shining Star?" (2014)
|2010||"Wait So Long"||Justin Gustavision|
|"Where Is My Mind?"|
|"Walt Whitman"||Jim Fortier/Dave Willis|
|2013||"Midnight on the Interstate"||Stephanie Erlandson|
|2014||"Are You Behind the Shining Star?"|
- Gokhman, Roman. "Trampled by Turtles". Bay Bridged. Bay Bridged. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Outside Lands 2012". Lineup.sfoutsidelands.com. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- Saunders, Hilary. "Watch Trampled by Turtles on the Late Show with David Letterman". Paste. Paste. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Future Releases on Triple A (AAA) Radio Stations". All Access Music Group. Archived from the original on June 21, 2014.
- "CMT : Videos : Trampled by Turtles : Are You Behind the Shining Star?". Country Music Television. Retrieved June 22, 2014.