From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up tran in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tran, Trần, or TRAN may refer to:
- Tran, Bulgaria, a small town in Pernik Province, western Bulgaria
- Trần (陳), a Vietnamese surname spelled as Chan in Cantonese or Chen in Mandarin
- Trần Dynasty, 陳朝 a Vietnamese dynasty from 1225 to 1400
- TRAN, a fictional language created by Andrei Burago
- Tran, cod liver oil in Norwegian and Danish
- Dr. Tran, an internet meme
- Mass transit; e.g., MarqTran
- Committee on Transport and Tourism of the European Parliament
- Tran, a fictional planet in the Janissaries novel series
- "Tran", an omnibus publication of the second and third novels in the Janissaries series
- The Trần, natives of the planet Tran-Ky-Ky in Alan Dean Foster's novel Icerigger
- Tran, member of the Nazi-era comedy duo Tran and Helle
- All pages beginning with "Tran"
- All pages with titles containing "Tran"
- Trans (disambiguation)
- Tron (disambiguation)
- "Model language index". Retrieved 2013-03-03. "TRAN (Andrei Burago) - fictional language - 1996 This is an unusual language, with two very interesting features: first, a unique morphology for cases, and second, unusual formation of noun/verb pairs. Cases are marked on the end of preceding words (so, Vagu gat is "A cat sitting", where -u marks the case of gat, "sit"); this is well suited for forming compound words, e.g., tanosharasvanak is tan ("house") o-shar ("of selling", genitive) a-svanak ("drugs"), "pharmacy". Finally, verbs are formed from nouns by transposing the initial and final consonants: e.g., tran, "speech", becomes nrat, "to speak"."
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.