|Type||Closed Joint Stock Company|
|Headquarters||Russia, Moscow and regions|
|Key people||Mrs Olga Viktorovna Gryadovaya (Chairperson)|
|Net income||500,00 million rubles (2011,IFRS)|
|Total assets||102,20 billion rubles (2011,IFRS)|
|Total equity||15,80 billion rubles (2011,IFRS)|
|Employees||2000 (January, 2012)|
JOINT STOCK BANK "TRANSCAPITALBANK" (CLOSED JOINT STOCK COMPANY) — is a Russian commercial bank with a share of foreign capital which includes the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), German Investment Company DEG (100%-subsidiary of KfW) and International Finance Corporation (IFC). Headquartered in Moscow, Transcapitalbank operates in more than 18 regions, providing financial services to 30,000 corporate customers and over 212,000 retail clients. Transcapitalbank is a top 50 bank in Russia by assets and by equity. The bank is also ranked #7 by lending to small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Transcapitalbank is a member of Deposit Insurance Agency. The principal business activity of Transcapitalbank is providing financing to corporate, retail and small and medium-sized enterprises in Russia through direct lending, trade and export credit agency finance, consumer loans, investment banking, factoring and leasing. Transcapitalbank is a full-service bank and offers its clients a wide range of banking services including international settlements, foreign exchange, deposits, custody services with precious metals, securities trading, plastic cards issuance and asset management.
Transcapitalbank was founded in 1992, but its dynamic development started in 1999 after acquisition by new shareholders – a combination of medium-sized business enterprises and private individuals, including top management headed by Mrs Olga Gryadovaya. In 2006, Transcapitalbank acquired a majority stake in MPI-Bank. The majority of MPI-Bank’s top management and business migrated to Transcapitalbank.
Key shareholders: Mrs Olga Gryadovaya (Chairperson) and her husband Mr Leonid Ivanovski (21,85% and 12,16% respectively), EBRD (28,59%), German Investment corporation DEG (9,14%). International Finance Corporation (IFC) joined the Bank in September 2011 with 7,72% share. Other shareholders have a minority stakes of less than 5% each and include some of the top management of the bank).
- Focus on corporate lending in key economic sectors and regions
- Servicing of micro, small and medium and enterprises (MSME)
- Provision of wide range of banking products to retail customers
Headquartered in Moscow, Transcapitalbank has 74 outlets including 18 branches, 1 representative office and 55 offices in St.-Petersburg, Rostov-on-Don, Krasnodar, Perm, Nizhny Novgorod, Samara, Novosibirsk, Yekaterinburg, Yaroslavl, Ryazan, Syktyvkar and others. Around 2000 employees provide services to 30,000 corporate customers and over 212,000 retail clients.
As of 31 December 2011, Transcapitalbank’s total assets amounted RUB102,24bn (around USD3.2bn), total equity — RUB15,8bn (around USD490mln), net profit — RUB500mn (according to International Accounting Standards). RBC Ratings estimates 2011YE total assets at 108,32bn (around USD3.6bn).
- In 2011 Moody's Investors Service re-confirmed the international long-term rating of Transcapitalbank at B1 “stable”.
- In February 2012 Moody's Investors Service re-confirmed the international long-term rating of Transcapitalbank at B1 “stable”.
- Moody's Interfax also ranks Transcapitalbank as “A1.ru” on the long-term national scale.
- In 2011 rating agency «Expert RA» confirmed its rating of the bank as at А+ «Very high level of creditworthiness».
While the focus of the bank's business is on lending to MSMEs in Russia, it also often uses international trade finance and structured (ECA-covered) finance to accommodate clients import and export needs. Since 2004 the bank focused and developed its trade finance operations. In 2011 the transaction turnover increased to USD380mln and the bank currently ranks #7 trade finance provider in Russia. Transcapitalbank cooperates in trade and export finance area with more than 50 financial institutions worldwide as well as many ECAs from OECD countries (including German Hermes, Italian SACE, Austrian OeKB, Polish KUKE, Dutch ATRADIUS, Swedish EKN, Canadian EDC, US Ex-Im Bank and etc.). Among the bank’s partners in the international markets are Citibank, Deutsche Bank, RBS, BNP-Paribas, UBS, Commerzbank, Credit Suisse, Nordea, IntesaSanpaolo, UniCredit, Standard Chartered, ING, RBI and others.
The Bank is an active member of EBRD’s Trade Facilitation Programme (TFP) and IFC’s Global Trade Finance Programme (GTFP).
Transcapitalbank also cooperates closely with the European banking community and is a frequent borrower in USD syndicated market. Since 2007 the bank issued two Eurobonds: USD175mln senior bond repaid in 2011 and USD100mln subordinated bond due in 2017.
- http://rating.rbc.ru/articles/2012/02/10/33560081_tbl.shtml?2012/02/12/33561202 (in Russian)
- http://rating.rbc.ru/article.shtml?2011/10/03/33434509 (in Russian)
- http://rating.rbc.ru/article.shtml?2012/02/10/33560081 (in Russian)
- http://www.raexpert.ru/releases/2011/Jun09/ (in Russian)
- http://expert.ru/expert/2011/37/vyirastet-i-bez-vto/media/103201/ (in Russian)
- Official website of Transcapitalbank
- Official website of shareholder: EBRD
- Official website of shareholder: IFC
- Official website of shareholder: DEG